AVP / Senior Associate, UX Engineer (Web), Design Standards, Group Design
It's about much more than delivering pixel-perfect CSS. We want a UX Engineer who will inspire developers and stakeholders to invest in new ideas. What you'll be doing
You'll filter the many ideas of a large, jaunty, productive team to help us figure out which should get developed into prototypes. To choose effectively, you will have to ask the right difficult questions, such as: 'What problem are you trying to solve?' and 'How will we track and measure the effectiveness of this prototype?' or 'Have you thought about the technical trade-offs?'. Once we have our winners, you will inspire developers and stakeholders alike to invest in an innovative design. Here's what your week might look like
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- As a cherished member of the Design Standards team, working to standardise products across six countries, you'll start and end your week with the Design Language System (DLS) we are building.
- The DLS work may take you to India, Taiwan or the other countries where many of our developers are stationed. You'll be our ambassador on the tech side, performing coding governance and making sure designers and developers are on the same page.
- A DLS is as (or almost as) good as the tools that support it. Strict bank security policies and SAAS tools often don't go together, but we are making this work. For example, we've invested in implementing Abstract. And with you by our side, helping us choose the right tools, we'll be unstoppable!
- You will spend time with our various teams understanding the products and projects they are rooting for and evaluating if or prototypes should be built. You will work especially closely with our wonderful research team.
- It's important to us that we contribute to the wider design community (through events, articles, internships, etc.). We need to build and maintain a website to share ideas, and we hope you can help us with that. It's for designers, so we want all your crazy and beautiful ideas on how to make it special.
- Before you know it, it will be Friday and time for team dinner, drinks or Creative Day (we do something fun and creative together once a month).
- Expertise in RWD, HTML5, CSS3 / SASS, and at least one modern
- Intimate knowledge of browser quirks and best practices.
- Experience in collaborating with designers on customer-centric projects, and partnering with other engineers in launching large-scale products.
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field or equivalent project and portfolio experience.
Your team and career
- You actively contribute to the UX and engineering communities.
- You are a skilled orator and a great diplomat.
- You have personal pet projects you work on for fun in your free time.
This role sits within the Design Standards team, and is based in Singapore. The Design Standards team creates our design language system and defines and steers the way we design digital services at DBS. The team covers eight countries, Consumer and Corporate banking, and Middle Office Management group (internal tools). You will report to the head of Design Standards. About DBS
About the design team
- DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia. We are headquartered in Singapore, with a growing presence in Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
- We were named the Best Bank in the World by Global Finance in August 2018- the first Singapore and Asian bank to receive this honour.
- We want our customers to Live more, Bank less. And we want to make banking invisible.
- Every day, there's a lot more to explore, experience and enjoy-and a lot less time to do it in. That's why we've created banking that's fast, natural, effortless. Banking that's with you wherever life takes you, instead of taking you away from life. So you can enjoy a lot more life, with a lot less bank.
Hi, we are the DBS user experience design team
We create digital products that deserve to be built because they solve real problems in an impactful way with empathy. How we design
- We go beyond numbers
- Every dollar means something. No one actually wants money. We want what it can give us. So we acknowledge that money is not really about money. We inject emotion into our products to go from transactional to magical.
Connect with us
- We have one profound idea
- Because ambiguity is the enemy of good user experience. What is our unique value proposition? Would adding another feature dilute the idea or make it stronger?
https://www.instagram.com/dbsuxd/ https://medium.com/dbs-bank-design Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.