We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Real Estate
The Real Estate (RE) arm of GIC invests in real estate and real estate-related assets outside of Singapore. We manage a well-diversified portfolio covering over 40 countries in property sectors such as office, retail, hospitality, residential, industrial, niche sectors and corporates. We are looking for suitable candidates to join our Research and Strategic Planning Group based in Singapore as an Assistant Vice President. Research & Strategic Planning
The Research and Strategic Planning (RSP) team is responsible for and provides recommendations in the areas of strategic and tactical asset allocation, benchmarks and risk management framework to the senior management of GIC RE. RSP is a critical partner to RE Regional and Country teams in generating long-term returns via impactful and insightful research led strategies. RSP is also responsible for providing high quality and objective property market research and forecasts for the investment and asset management process. Responsibilities
- Monitor, analyse and forecast property market trends and drivers across assigned markets in Asia and ensure that relevant information is disseminated to the right parties in a timely manner
- Conduct real estate-related research, including statistical analysis, new markets/ sectors and macro thematic research
- Provide independent views on deal underwriting assumptions and market discussions
- Support deal team by providing market research required for investment analysis & provide inputs for formulation of country investment strategies
- Assist RSP team in the development of investment strategy recommendations
- Assist RSP team in the development and maintenance of risk-management tools and policies
- Maintain & enhance RE team's economic and real estate research databases
- Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics & Statistics or Business preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience, in an institutional real estate setting
- Familiarity in investment and risk management concepts in the public/private markets
- Strong quantitative skills and familiar with use of data models in financial real estate analysis. Tableau, Python or R scripting will be advantageou
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - able to write and present ideas and research insights clearly and succinctly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Languages (spoken or written in Asia) other than English is advantageous, but not necessary.