6 months' contract: Client-facing Middle Officer - Banking Operations - Singapore
Operational risk & regulatory responsibility:
- Responsible as the main operational point of contact for key client relationships for transactional tasks and deliver focused and professional client servicing, supporting the commercial effort of the group.
- Handle direct client's transactional queries, perform investigation for proper resolution &/or direct them to appropriate teams as appropriate.
- Develop an expertise of the Client setup and onboarding specifics and work closely with Business relationship teams
- Develop an expertise of the Societe Generale business and organization, as well as the general Clearing business to have an adequate understanding of the business and the supporting platform.
- Cover Follow The Sun protocol for inbound clients, regional/global exchange markets
- Offer improvements and insights to deliver additional value to clients / improve the Societe Generale servicing as part of a continuous improvement culture (Propose ideas and observe a collaborative mindset)
- Report and escalate significant issues and blocking points to department manager on a timely manner.
- Cross train with teammates regularly and ensure effective communication/handovers of client problems among team members
- Maintain up to date procedures of the tasks covered, and make sure to adhere to the Group policies and exchange rules as appropriate
Observe procedures and best practices to reduce occurrence and severity of potential mistakes, escalate issues promptly to Management and participate in the continuous improvement of processes.
Prepare &/or oversee the relevant regulatory reporting for the region (Australia, Singapore, HK, Japan)
Profile required Key skill areas & knowledge required:
- 5-8 years experience on Exchange Traded Derivatives, in a client facing role & cash management, clearing or post trade activities are essential
- Exposure to all key Global exchanges
- GMI & clearing systems (ClearVision) experience essential/advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential requirements
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other Asian languages strongly preferred (Japanese, Korean, Chinese)
- Ability to work within team with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Self-starter, proactive attitude
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The Derivatives Client Support team is composed of Client Facing Middle officers servicing clients including Banks, Hedge Funds, Asset Managers and Corporations. The team serves as the main operational point of contact for post-trade services supporting Societe Generale's ETD, FX and OTCC business.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/18