Java/DB Developer - VP - Regulatory, Tax & Client Assets Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Regulatory Technology Engineer - VP Interested in a job now? Have a global impact with Goldman Sachs without moving!
About Regulatory Engineering
- We are hiring people who want to work on extremely interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector.
- We are seeking a strong technologist and leader to join a dynamic team in developing various applications supporting Regulatory Reporting function.
- A successful candidate will have strong hands on technical and problem solving skills as well as providing technical oversight and leadership to the team.
- The role will involve all aspects of project lifecycle including development, testing and deployment. The role includes interaction with business users, architects, developers and functional analysts globally both within the team and with other GS groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Role Details:
- Regulatory Operations and the associated technology team are responsible for protecting this reputation through taking responsibility for the reporting of all of the firm's activities to the many regulators throughout the world.
- In order to achieve this, the team processes all of the firm's activity, securities or derivatives within each of the jurisdictions in which the firm operates and deliver to regulators in complete, accurate and timely manner. The team utilises the latest Big Data technologies to achieve regulatory compliance.
- The candidate will be part of the global team with presence in London, New York, Bangalore and Tokyo now expanding into Warsaw.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Implement a corrective reporting system to update, validate and submit trade to external regulators.
- Solve challenging data problems. Ensure data correctness while processing of millions of rows of data. Find the most effective ways to aggregate and present the data to end users. Become a data scientist.
- Use Java/Spring/Spark/Scala technology stack to develop effective data correction services.
- Work with 3 rd party providers to integrate and extend industry tools
- Build relationships with end users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the junior members of the team both on project level and career level.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, mind-set of ownership and excellent follow-through
- Programming skills in Java
- Experience in large scale XML data processing
- Experience with SQL, relational data bases and query optimization
- Experience in using a test driven development
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance and resiliency
- Focus on software quality - ability to write clean code and encourage others to do so
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in financial products or Regulatory Reporting is a plus
- Experience with big data concepts (we use Hadoop and Spark)
- Experience with near real time transactional systems with NoSQL databases (Kafka, Elastic Search)
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.