Corporate Treasury - Treasury Services - Cash Controls - Associate - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate counterpart credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios while optimizing the firm's liquidity. Treasury Services is currently 300+ staff strong globally, with regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Bangalore, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and many other offices working closely together.
The sub division has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rates, Repo, insurance/pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative and security products, funding projections, cash management, margin risk management, counterpart exposure management and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Manage a portfolio of cash payments and receipts; work with business units to monitor payment, credit and sanctions risk
• Oversight payment controls functions including sanctions and fraud controls. Liaise with AML compliance team to resolve payment exception risk with excellent senior management exposure.
• Front line interaction with a network of key vendors across cash agent banks as well as central banks.
• Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the firm's books and records.
• Performing a number of payment control functions, ensuring the integrity of our process.
• Manage our daily cash payments and receipts for a particular portfolio.
• Effectively identify and protect legitimate customer transactions.
• Real-time transaction processing that identifies fraud attempts, while allowing legitimate attempts to be executed
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree with 3-7 years of experience in financial services
• Utilize fraud risk detection systems and internal bank systems to review suspect items and warning reports on a daily basis. Interpret reason codes and follow specified procedures on how to handle suspect activity. Leveraging this payment knowledge, to work closely with our technology and project team to assist with payment system design and re-write
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Communicate and interact with external clients, Community Bank, various lines of business, and other financial institutions to verify authenticity of items or availability of funds. Educate clients about fraud issues including online banking safety and take appropriate action to protect clients' accounts.
• Knowledge of Actimize Case Management system
• Real-time transaction processing that identifies fraud attempts, while allowing legitimate attempts to be executed ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity