As an International tax Manager you will be part of the Global Tax Department, an entrepreneurial, dynamic fast-paced Team. It is essential the Tax Manager share the same spirit and drive in order to push the business forward and deliver outstanding tax support to all aspects of the Trafigura business within demanding timelines.
You will work closely with the commercial teams and play a part in the decision making process. This is therefore an exceptional opportunity to develop as a tax professional as well as an opportunity for personal development in a business operating in the geopolitical arena. Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: The tax team is responsible for:
Experience and competencies
- Support from a tax perspective in M&A and other transactions;
- Set out medium and long term tax strategy, given international, regional and country specific tax developments in conjunction with the evolution of the business;
- Developing, supervising and maintaining tax design behind Trafigura's corporate structure including its divisions;
- Analysis and delivery of solutions for global, trans-regional tax developments (such as ATAD and BEPS Pillar 1, Pillar 2);
- Subject matter expertise on a number of global business specific topics such as trading, financing, shipping, country specific tax regimes, etc.;
- Negotiate preferential tax regimes;
- Management and monitoring of the global tax position including tax accounting, compliance, year-end audit;
- Tax accrual process for the region both for corporate and transactional tax;
- Risk assessment and control of all applicable taxes including tax provisioning;
- Manage TP documentation & compliance;
- Manage tax audits and tax litigation, including negotiations with local tax authorities;
- Develop, implement and maintain tax reporting tools;
- Ensure effective use of external advisers - in terms of quality and cost.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Down to earth and hands-on personality with energy, drive and entrepreneurial spirit aimed at delivery of concrete answers and pragmatic solutions
- Great teammate, with an open non-political style understanding the importance of personal integrity
- Strive for simplification and clarity, and focus on value-adding activities
- Show dedication and endurance, follow through and pay attention to important details
- Skilled in developing and extending network of contacts
- Commercial awareness and customer orientation with a very proactive demeanor
- Strong Communication (verbal and written skills, fluent in business English)
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- University degree in tax law or fiscal economics
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in the international M&A tax practise of a Big4 consultancy or major Law Firm. Subsequent experience gained in an in-house tax function could be a pre.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in domestic and international tax rules applicable to corporations and its practical applications
- Experience in providing & explaining tax guidance to non-tax professionals
The Global Tax Department consists of a Direct and Indirect Tax team, each with over 15 people. The Direct Tax team has Regional Tax Managers for the three time zones; Country Tax Managers for the countries with significant local business activities and Tax Accounting and Compliance centres (in Mumbai and Montevideo). In Amsterdam the Direct Tax Team consists of 8 persons. Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.