About the Job
Danone Cycles & Procurement are shifting our focus in procurement to fully support our “One Planet, One health” purpose. This change contains improving our ways of working on a variety of areas like Sustainability, Business Partnering, Supply Management, Procurement Excellence, and Digital Innovation.
In this role, your key mission is to support the MI Team to build and step up the Market Analysis on fundamentals (Supply & Demand, Trade flows, Stock levels, regulatory, Technical, Macroeconomics and Prices) of key commodities impacting Danone's portfolio. On top of that, you will create the basis for Market Risk Management to decide on risk coverage, by providing all MI analyses to MRM to make informed and educated hedging decisions.
You will be responsible for a team of 4 and you will report to the Director C&P Finance - Commodity Risk Management and your key responsibilities will notably include:
• Coordinate market intelligence function for Dairy, Packaging, Energy and Agro commodities
• Lead the analysis, forecasting and explanation of commodity markets to internal Danone stakeholders: Risk Management, Procurement, Business, Controlling, Senior Management
• Harmonize and structure fundamental analysis across categories: supply & demand, stocks, trade flows, macroeconomics, regulatory
• Produce commodity price forecasting to support Finance processes: monthly Rolling Forecast, annual Strategic Plan
• Streamline the internal Data building & management process to optimize efficiencies and leverage market data usage across the organization
• Support Risk Management strategies and hedge recommendations
• Leverage data sciences to design support decision tools for Risk Management
• Manage Danone relationship and budget with external consultants
• Connect and build relationships with external experts in their respective fields to provide relevant insights to internal Danone stakeholders
• Build Competitor analysis by Category or WBU/Product line. What other FMCGs are doing
• Create an overall macro-economic analysis monthly and base assumptions for the Budget and Strategic Plan.
• Find potential external partners/ data suppliers to optimize Danone market data management (collection & structure)
• Review hedging policies for key hedge-able commodities regularly
• Support category buyers for hedging strategy and provide hedging recommendations
• Animate risk management committees with business stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you have a Master Degree, and you are a senior MI expert with strong proven experience within the MI function, Trade flows & Logistics, Futures Market, Commodity Trading and Market Competitors Analysis. You have experience in Project Mgmt, Risk Mgmt and Strategic Planning. On top of that, you have strong experience as a people manager responsible for an international team; strong communication (verbal/written) and technical skills are required to connect internally and convey complex concepts and market dynamics in common-sense language. We will welcome an open-minded, reliable, proactive and team-oriented person.
Hit the “apply now”. After your application deadline, the first feedback will follow within 2 weeks. In case you are invited to the selection process, you should expect to receive feedback 2 weeks after each step of the process. To comply with GDPR, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Giorgia Calabria, Talent Manager Finance Benelux, Giorgia.email@example.com
* All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.