Portfolio Manager Financial Risk Models
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Den Helder Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Portfolio Manager Financial Risk Models
ING is looking for a Quantitative Portfolio Manager - Financial Risk models
Financial Risk Model Development comprises of a team of 65+ modelling experts, who are determined to develop the best possible financial risk models to empower the customers of ING to stay ahead financially, in life and business. Our expertise lies in the development and management of Market, Credit and Trading Risk and Financial Markets models, with state-of-the-art modelling methods, tooling and data processing technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to get involved in the FR models transformation process. Our transformation is an ongoing process as both emerging technologies and stringent regulatory environment require us to be constantly alert and willing to adapt and evolve.
As a Quantitative Portfolio Manager within FR team you are the person who initiates, enables and accelerates changes in our modelling portfolio. Your role is that of a true catalyst: you ensure that model change happens. In this role you collaborate closely with senior management and a variety of business units. Together with the team you successfully execute complex model change initiatives across all FR model types.
What does a Portfolio Manager at ING do?
In this role you will be entrusted with the following main tasks in one of the FR domains (Market, Credit or Trading Risk models) :
- Performing execution of the model change: Creating, managing and executing models change roadmap that is consistent with the FR strategic objectives and regulatory agenda.
- Advising and auditing on models : Applying your expert knowledge at least in one of the FR domains, model developments and regulatory agenda shaping model landscape to ensure models are regulatory compliant and efficient in capital allocation.
- Owning and managing key models change processes: Deploying varying model and methodology related guidelines and processes. Owning the helicopter view, analyse models, data and processes, and suggesting effective alternatives for improvements of processes and policies. Communicating and executing required change processes, thereby accelerating delivery of model changes and sustaining regulatory compliance.
- Driving innovation: Working together with the team to tackle known pain points and to identify areas of innovation in the model life cycle area, by exploring the underlying emerging technologies, challenging way of doing, and leveraging on innovation.
As a Portfolio Manager , you will also need:
- To think big, have a solid can-do attitude, a desire to create real impact, an eagerness to learn and a fearless approach to any challenge.
- To take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level
- To be a team player: we expect from you that you have a valuable contribution to the FR team goals both regarding the concrete deliverables and the teamwork on itself.
- To hold excellent and demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail, and excellent writing skills.
- To hold a deep knowledge and experience in developing either Credit, Market or Trading models.
- To be strong conceptual thinker with a master's degree of a recognized university or similar level of thinking
- Possess extensive knowledge of Financial Risk models , policies and regulations; and you should be fluent in English Furthermore, you should adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour ought to be fully aligned with these values. You should also be prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
- A great salary
- The opportunity to excel in what you do
- A dynamic and agile international working environment
- Great international career opportunities
Are you interested?
- Apply for this job now! For further inquiries, please contact Kim Verhaaf, Head of FR Model Development Team & Advanced Analytics email@example.com .