Description About this role Business Unit Overview and iSW NL
Our sales and relationship management professionals build and maintain client relationships, work closely with professionals across BlackRock to provide outstanding service, and are responsible for the strategy and distribution of BlackRock's platform.
Within our sales and relationship management division, is our team "iShares & Wealth (iSW)".
The Dutch iShares and Wealth sales team is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clients across the wealth spectrum, ranging from private banks to independent wealth managers and family offices, to deliver the breadth and depth of BlackRock's platform to clients.
The Dutch iShares and Wealth sales team is known for:
- Client Focus: Delivering a consistent and outstanding client experience tailored to each client's situation, needs, and concerns
- Strategic Execution: Capitalizing on market opportunities through strategic client segmentation and effective time and budget management
- Project Management: Overseeing the implementation of client requests from onboarding to maintaining client accounts
- Strategic Product Partnership: Client-centric product development, connecting investment teams and client businesses across asset classes
This position is based in Amsterdam, focusing on delivering our products (Index/ETF, active funds, Alternatives) as well as solutions (Technology) and Services (Model portfolios, Portfolio construction) to Wealth Management clients, predominantly to large retail as well as private banks and independent wealth managers in The Netherlands. The candidate is working in close partnership with our internal and global partner groups to service our clients and help them build better portfolios. In addition, the candidate will develop a clear strategy for his/her client segment to develop and identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain and develop deep relationships with retail and private banks as well as the advisory units of large retail banks on all levels with the goal to drive buy list penetration and flows in ETFs, active mutual funds and liquid/illiquid alternatives
- Execute product campaigns via product education sessions for advisory units of large retail banks digitally as well as on the ground
- Participation in and organization of client events, presentations, educational sessions as speaker and further development of such formats
- Client support with regards to regulatory as well as segment specific processes, products and services
- Offer additional services to clients like technology, our capital market views, support when it comes to portfolio construction or help clients within their business model transformation
- Sets a clear strategy for clients, in line with the country strategy and the iShares & Wealth strategy for The Netherlands
- Further development of scaled distribution approaches, i.e. creation of relevant content, presentations, webinars, podcasts etc.
- Responsibility to ensure that all regulatory & legal requirements and standards are met personally and within the team
- Proven excellence in a relationship management role, ideally demonstrated by several years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of the local Private Banking, Wealth and Asset management market
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a financial services sales' role in the relevant segments.
- Deep understanding of the sales process, prospecting, objection handling, closing and long-term relationship management.
- Understanding of product set -ETFs, active fund products and liquid alternative solutions and competitive landscape
- At least a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or an equal professional experience
- Good research and data management skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- High-energy, positive "can-do" attitude and ability to work as a team player, accept substantial individual responsibilities
- Displays a strong presence, is comfortable in interacting with clients and colleagues of all levels of seniority
- Promotes collaboration and inclusivity in working with partners across the firm
- Excellent presentation and writing skills in Dutch and English language
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to excellence, attention to detail, sense of urgency, -especially under pressure- and in preparation for high visibility engagement
- Responsibility to uphold and behave in line with core BlackRock values
- Ability to manage complex, interdepartmental projects in a professional, inclusive, deadline-driven way
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.