What is the role about?
In the next couple of years, we will be expanding our operations in Europe considerably and you will have the opportunity to be a part of it. You will be actively contributing to the building of the treasury function, which has its key responsibilities in the area of cash management, investments and funding activities. The team consists of one other Treasury Specialist and, together, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and optimising the treasury strategy and policies that are aligned with the rest of the organisation contributing to a balanced liquidity and optimised yield for Bitvavo and its customers.
The treasury team is reporting directly to the CFO. Some of the areas you will be working on are:
How will you make an impact?
- Securing Bitvavo's liquidity (both fiat and crypto currencies)
- Optimising the custody of fiat and crypto currencies for the benefit of the customers
- Generating passive income while taking into account Bitvavo's risk appetite, risk management and return on investment
How will you be successful?
- Monitoring cash positions, provide cash flow forecasts and ensure there is sufficient liquidity for both fiat and crypto currencies
- Improving cash balances and optimise yield by developing strategies to maximise yield, efficiencies while securing assets, mitigating risks and minimising costs.
- Establishing deals with third parties and coordinate the processing of transactions. In addition, be involved in the management of accounts, collateral and/or custody and resolve any related issues.
- Developing dashboards and interpret data to enhance financial controls
- Taking the initiative to identify new revenue opportunities and realise process improvements
- Improving the governance structure of Bitvavo by co-writing Treasury policies, frameworks and investment proposals.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable financial regulations and internal policies and controls
- University Degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of experience in similar positions (experience in the financial sector/regulated Fintech is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large amounts of data (experience in SQL is a plus)
- Affinity and personal experience with crypto
- Experience in financial risk concepts (CFA or FRM is a plus)
- Accuracy and an eye for detail, as well as commitment and a real team player attitude
- Great stakeholder management and communication skills
- Good written and verbal command of the Dutch and English language are mandatory, and we strongly prefer candidates who are currently based in the Netherlands