The role is within the Finance area and has responsibility for preparation of statutory accounting including activities around the month end process and consolidation of financial information. The role will be responsible for the accounting for Treasury function and the Netherlands branch. The role will report to the Senior Manager Statutory Reporting and is based in Amsterdam. The successful colleague will need to work very closely with both Group and Business Unit Finance team.
- Preparation of the statutory reporting requirements of Netherlands branch and Treasury functions. This includes the preparation and review of accounts for month end, quarterly, half year and year end reporting. Preparation of financial reports and analysis to management and supervisory board where required.
- Preparation of monthly / weekly P&L, reconciliations, risk attribution and explain market based commentary, signoffs, issue resolution and escalation
- Preparation of analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet including commentary tied to market / product / coverage Operates as contact person for any related queries for local/group colleagues and departments
- Support and challenge the local treasury team to ensure they understand and can articulate the financial performance of the treasury function
- Support the external auditors with queries and review of financial statements.
- Manage all local finance processes including all invoice and expense processing.
- Deliver Finance related input to projects in relation to finance processes, e.g. support requirements gathering, implementation or testing
- Build, develop and maintain strong “trust” relationships with finance colleagues, Retail and Group (Pan Finance, Group Corporate Treasury)
- Supervises the activities of a small team to ensure that service and quality standards and audit requirements are achieved. Ensure delivery of the highest possible service and advice by assisting in the development of staff to meet current and future requirements.
- Support and coach part qualified colleagues in the swift resolution of complex multi-faceted issues.
- Business Master degree in Finance with focus on accounting, controlling, audit. CA, ACA CIMA preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting standards and discloses
- Experience with managing a small team
- At least 5 years experiences in financial reporting and statutory accounting. Experience of Treasury functions beneficial
- Good accounting skills in an IFRS/ environment (no banking experience required)
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good skills in Excel and accounting software-ideally Oracle/SAP/SUMMIT
- Proactive, enthusiastic & motivated team player
- Experience of working in large, international matrix structures
- Ability to consistently produce accurate work within tight timescales
- Some travel is expected within this role
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
For any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org