Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Production Engineering team at Optiver, you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we. As a Trading Systems Support Engineer, you’ll ensure our global low-latency trading system never misses a great trade. You’ll support our trading system as part of a global team, ensuring trading is done safely. You’ll co-ordinate incidents, deep diving into technical issues to understand why things break, driving change to ensure we don’t see the same issue twice, and automating away manual tasks.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and support the trading platform in a competitive market-making environment, owning the responsibility of ensuring trading activities are conducted safely and under control.
- Coordinate and manage incidents across the environment and own the post-incident follow up.
- You’ll serve as a check-and-balance against the development teams, using data to identify where our biggest operational problems are.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise from production environment.
- Continuously drive improvement in the trading platform in a wide range of areas, including performance, capacity, monitoring and deployment.
- Automate manual workflows while maintaining safe control.
- You’ll learn what it takes to win in some of the most competitive markets in the world, and you’ll have full access to our technology stack.
Who you are:
- You have solid experience in a hands-on support role (L2/L3) supporting complex distributed systems on Linux, preferably in the financial industry.
- You are systematic and thorough in the way you operate and unrelenting in your drive to identify improvements in the systems you manage.
- You have a good understanding of networking, build & deployment and version control.
- You have experience reading code and can develop basic Python or shell scripts to help with automation and analysis.
- You have experience in managing production incidents in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.