As a member of our Trading Support Team you will be responsible for the availability and performance of trading and trading related applications. The role as Trading Operation Specialist involves technical support trouble shooting, managing application performance and close interacting with the Traders.
A day in the life of a Trading Support Engineer at Flow Traders
The day usually starts with grabbing a coffee or tea, followed by checking our monitoring systems, emails, and change logs for potential operational issues and other items that might affect our systems.
In the midst of sorting out the morning's requests and issues there's time to grab breakfast from our in-house lounge. At our daily stand-up meeting, we recap and discuss the morning's events and items that need to be followed up on.
As our IT landscape is constantly evolving at a fast pace, you will probably be involved in one or more longer running projects as well. This often includes monitoring, automation, deployment, and optimization.
You can join the lunch workout session with one of our personal trainers to make space for the delicious lunch that is served in the lounge. Though we often eat at our desks, picking up lunch in the lounge is a great opportunity to meet and chat with other colleagues.
After a busy day at the desk (and trust me, most days are busy!) you can unwind at the Flow bar with your colleagues, from both near and far. The company is very international, so it's really nice to speak to people from different parts of the world.
What will you work on
- Provide technical support in regards to the full set of Trading IT support, responding quickly; to any issues that affect mission critical (front-end to back-end) trading applications;
- Project- and change management;
- Perform migrations and transitions, update maintain and upgrade our trading infrastructure;
- Implement configure and maintain, optimize and support of mission critical trading applications;
- Implement new exchange connections while enhancing existing connectivity;
- Troubleshoot all exchange or broker related issues;
- Incident management, monitoring and administration of trading applications and IT infrastructure components;
- Observe the trading environment and pro-actively optimize the trading infrastructure.
What are we looking for
- Basic Network related skills are a huge help (multicast, TCP, routing);
- Proven experience with several operating systems & relevant hardware knowledge helps;
- Scripting experience is a plus;
- Analytical & problem-solving qualities;
- Client-focused & service minded;
- Attracted to the dynamics of the financial markets;
- Self-starter; yet a team player whilst being highly organized and having a strong sense of urgency and humor;
- Fluent English communication skills.