Flow Traders is looking for an Trading Ops/DevOps Engineer to join our growing Trading Operations team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit.
As a member of our Trading Operations Team, you will work within our technology landscape to safeguard the performance and stability of our proprietary trading systems, as well as the related hardware. In this role, you will have ownership of technical related issues for our in house trading applications and your actions will directly contribute to the performance of the company. You will get the opportunity to interact and work closely with different departments to gain a well-rounded knowledge of our proprietary trading applications, how they function and how they are continuously developed.
In this role, you will act as an SRE, Operations Engineer and Developer.
What you will do
- Gain expertise of our latency sensitive trading application stacks, contribute towards troubleshooting in a fast paced environment and implement solutions
- Write, test and integrate monitoring solutions with APIs provided by our proprietary trading applications to provide insight to the health and performance of our trading environment.
- Work closely with system administrators to understand and fine-tune Linux based trading environments using tools provided by the latest Linux distributions
- Work on our efforts to fully automate our infrastructure and application management.
- Build, use and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Conduct user acceptance testing across the internal application stacks and gain a deep understanding on how traders and supporting teams utilize our software
- Provide technical requirements to the development process to continuously improve the operational effectiveness of our applications
- Advance your Python or other scripting skills by working together with trading desks to identify and implement ways to automate complex workflows
What you need to succeed
- University degree in Computer Science, Maths or other quantitative fields
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge and interest in the field of networking is advantageous
- Knowledge or interest in technologies such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, HDFS is a plus
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to learn new skills
- Good communication skills
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
As we are unable to invite you over to our office, we would like to give you a virtual office tour!