MORE ABOUT THE JOB
ACT Commodities helps organizations hit their climate targets, no matter how ambitious. Since founding in 2009, we have become a reliable partner for high-impact climate projects that generate carbon credits, energy efficiency projects and certificates, experts in renewable electricity and gas markets, renewable fuels, and emission allowances..
Our Fuels desk sources, blends and delivers physical commodities such as biofuels anywhere in the world. We have an extensive global network of sellers, buyers, and producers, which enables us to serve our large international client base with a broad spectrum of products. Job Profile
As a junior trader will be a member of the Front Office team, reporting to the department head and supporting ACT Fuels trading business. Responsibilities include:
- Execute and manage physical biofuel and feedstock trades
- Provide market analysis
- Coordination with other trading teams for trading optimization
- Furnish trading activity / market intelligence reporting on a weekly or monthly basis as required
- Produce daily mark to market reporting
- Produce strategy and result reporting periodically and as required
- Work closely with the traders to compile and manage data relevant to the research and analysis in accordance with business requirements.
- Work closely with the middle and back office, including IT for all the needs of the trading team.
- Continually solicit requests for ad-hoc analysis relevant to the business or participate in related projects and provide any other logistical support as may be required.
Who you are:
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers
- Develop a good technical understanding of ACT products and their benefits to create a strong value proposition
- Travel and conduct face-to-face meetings with counterparties
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who values integrity and is able go the extra mile to provide excellent service and ensure satisfaction of stakeholders. A strong candidate should possess the following competencies:
What we offer:
- Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant qualifications
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Organized and capable of maintaining CRM (customer relationship management) systems and good general administrative skills
- Highly motivated and organized individual who exhibits strong integrity, work ethics and ability to perform under pressure
- Effective team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and strong stakeholder management skills
- Full working proficiency in German & English. Additional languages are a plus.
- Competitive remuneration and discretionary performance bonus;
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Target incentives (company events, gifts etc.);
- Gym discount and workout classes;
- Company trainings for communication and personal development;
- In-house Life Coach
**A pre-employment screening is part of our application procedure**