My client are a leading bank looking for a Team Lead for Financial Institutions to sit within their compliance department.
Team Lead for Financial Insitutions
My client are a leading bank looking for a Team Lead for Financial Institutions to sit within their compliance department to lead their Financial Institutions department. For any enquiries please feel free to get in touch.
- Partnering with the customer facing teams to collect required documents and associated information to meet all regulatory and internal polices
- Act as a subject matter expert on KYC as part of the CDD processes suite.
- Act as a KYC and AML subject matter resource for KYC/AML policies and procedures and for KYC due diligence teams
- Manage and coordinate the administrative tasks related to compliance issues linked to the KYC responsibility for both general corporate, trade finance and financial institutions for existing and new customers, Manage and facilitate customer due diligence, including coordinating the participation of the Bank (Europe) NV stakeholders who have KYC responsibilities
- Discuss and escalate Compliance complex issues surrounding customer types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML risk-related issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Undertake quality reviews of customers’ KYC records
- Participate in AML and KYC discussions with customers
- Work with MBE Compliance team to interpret and apply country-specific legal/regulatory/statutory provisions related to Integrity risks as mentioned in the SIRA where these differ with group standards.
- Promote staff awareness, understanding of and commitment to CDD processes, especially AML & KYC, Sanctions and Fraud matters and provide appropriate training to the team and stakeholders.
- Manage the performance to ensure that staff are appropriately trained, deployed, counselled and motivated so that their individual and collective performance meets the current and future needs of the business, actively coaching and developing colleagues in business areas where required.
- An up-to-date understanding, of the wider financial services industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact on MBE’s business and overall aims
- Knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Experience for at least 5 years in similar role with a financial institution.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
- In depth experience in AML / KYC and sanctioning policies and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills