Flow Traders is looking for a Team Lead for the Enterprise Risk Management team. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
In this exciting role as Team Lead of the Enterprise Risk Management team, you will gain intimate knowledge of our global business by collaborating with key business units in trading as well as finance, compliance and operations among others. Consequently, your leadership contributes directly to safeguard organizational and business continuity within our risk management framework.
As Team Lead Enterprise Risk Management, you will be based in Amsterdam and report into the Global Head of Risk. In this capacity, you will manage a team of 3-5 people focused on regulatory capital, portfolio and operational risk monitoring and pro-active management and on the ongoing improvement coordinating the development of related risk management framework and policies.
What you will do
- Provide support, advice and counsel to the Global Head of Risk and further to the CRO, Management Board and Supervisory Board, in respect to operational risk management matters such as risk appetite, regulatory capital, operational risk and portfolio risk across Flow Traders
- Development and implementation of consistent (where appropriate) best in class operational risk management policies and tools
- Lead the annual ICAAP/ILAAP exercise and own any other regulatory capital reporting and management
- Maintain and enhance the firm’s risk appetite framework and lead the annual risk appetite review
- Define and conduct regular independent risk reviews
- Work closely with the internal and external stakeholders as applicable and take a proactive role in identifying, reviewing and managing operational risk management issues
- Keep abreast of current and future industry practices and developments and translate their relevance for Flow Traders
- Consider use of enhanced data analytics and technology solutions to empower the function through enhanced or automated supervision
What you need to succeed
- University degree or equivalent in quantitative subject (Math, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or equivalent)
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the regulated financial services industry with a strong background in operational risk management. Experience at a regulator and/or as a team manager of an operational risk team preferred
- Expert knowledge of operational risk management practices with intimate understanding of relevant specialization and emphasis on traded and operational risk disciplines preferably in a financial markets infrastructure setting of a regulated corporation regulations (ICAAP/ILAAP, IFR/IFD, etc.)
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively with the business and instill a keen sense of risk alertness, as well as to provide support and advice
- A commercial mind set, with an enthusiasm for solving problems and the ability to persuade others of your point of view
- The ability to manage and motivate the direct team as well as stakeholders to achieve goals
- Very structured personality that takes pleasure from setting up and running disciplined operating processes
- An eye for detail, yet at the same time does not drown in them
- Excellent English communication skills