Team Lead - Analytics
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We are looking for an Analytics Team Lead to join our amazing and highly skilled WFM (Workforce Management) Performance team in our global headquarter in Amsterdam.
You will define and own the Reporting landscape on WFM metrics and dashboards, aimed at providing actionable insights into performance for the WFM department. You will work closely with different layers of the CS Department to understand and define the overall reporting landscape, including audience, content and definitions, to ensure actionable and aligned data to steer the objectives of the WFM Department. With the various teams in the WFM lifecycle as your stakeholders, you will gain a thorough understanding of how the CS department and in particular the WFM team operate, so that you can deliver to their data and reporting needs.
As a Team Lead in Analytics you will lead a team of Reporting Analysts and Data Analysts to ensure timely delivery of objectives whilst developing their technical skills based on your own experience and best practices, as well as encouraging and fostering a learning environment within the team. You keep the personal development of your people at heart. B.Responsible
- Work with various functions within WFM and in the Analytics Community to define and optimize the WFM reporting landscape.
- Implement and maintain a strategy of developing and maintaining dashboards and reports, optimizing the user experience and ease of use.
- Ensure alignment around the ownership and application of KPI definitions.
- Own the reporting roadmap for the team with clear objectives/milestones.
- Manage expectations of the wider WFM department on how and when they can expect deliverables from your team -and what business purpose your deliverables serve.
- Grow team expertise and organizational capabilities
- Communicate recommendations supported by a compelling storyline to key stakeholders to ensure impact and drive change in the organization
- Work closely with Product & Big Data tracks to ensure the data modeling is scalable & robust for operational needs. For this point, you will be regarded as the key contact point.
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization applications and techniques, direct experience with Tableau preferred.
- 1+ years in defining and driving reporting strategy (KPI definition, reporting landscape, etc.) within a team.
- 1+ years of people management experience as a first-line manager or equivalent
- Proven ability to derive and articulate insights from data across all levels of a large department.
- Experience in Business intelligence, translating complex business scenarios into actionable metrics.
- Understanding and experience with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to recognize improvement opportunities on a continuous basis
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. We also host monthly hackathons, training and slots at global conferences.
This position is open to global candidates and in case of relocation we will support you and your family in successfully relocating to the Netherlands.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.