Site Reliability Engineers at Flow Traders are responsible for the Continuous Delivery set up of the company. You will closely cooperate with our Development, QA and IT team, building the most efficient pipelines for delivery of our software and infrastructure, from an idea to production. You will follow the IaC approach for buildup and maintenance of our set ups in the Cloud and on premises.
A day in the life of a Site Reliability Engineer
A typical day for a DevOps Engineer is a blend of short cycle maintenance and ongoing development and engineering work. It starts with checking the monitoring systems for alerts and deciding what needs immediate attention. From there you will attend a stand-up meeting with your team. This is an opportunity to catch up on progress of development, raise problems and discuss plans for the rest of the day.
Back at your desk, you focus on optimizing the Continuous Delivery infrastructure, by improving performance, scalability, and efficiency of the setup. It is required to work closely with message broker systems like Kafka and HDFS: implement security, monitoring, and tuning the configuration.
What will you work on
- Setup and maintain the Cloudera stack
- Improve scalability and efficiency of the infrastructure of our Trading Landscape
- Help to automate deployments
- Work closely with Business (Trading, Risk and Compliance)
To succeed at Flow Traders, you have to be very self-motivated. Innovation is key to our culture, so we always encourage team members to seek out and implement improvements to our set up. We are fully focused on improving our level of automation of operational work, as that enables us to spend more time on innovation.
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years working as a DevOps or Site reliability engineer with a Cloud and on premise infrastructure (Hybrid set up)
- 3+ years hands on working experience in a complex Linux infrastructure environment with in-depth knowledge of Debian Linux and CentOS
- Extensive experience in working with AWS or GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, etc, Elastic Search, and Cloudera
- Orchestration and automation experience with a configuration management system, preferably Puppet and Ansible
- Working experience with CI/CD setups
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and multicast
- Excellent scripting skills in Python, Bash, Ruby, or Perl
- Ability to work with version control systems (preferably git)
- Feeling perfectly at home within a complex Windows environment is a big plus
- Attracted to the dynamics of the financial markets
- Experience with the Atlassian stack: Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence is a plus