Senior Voice Engineer
Booking.com is looking for Senior Voice Engineer. In this role you are responsible for configuring, installing, maintaining and integrating voice systems in complex global deployment. This role will have special focus on full lifecycle of installing, patching, monitoring, adding new features and maintaining Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise solution and systems that support the aforementioned system, like and not limited to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. You will take part in exciting projects in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing tremendous growth, where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required. B.responsible As Senior Voice Engineer you will:
- Participate in all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design and installation, configuring, testing and hand-over.
- Evaluate, design, install, configure and deploy new technologies, products, enhancements and upgrades to existing voice and video systems.
- Proactively and positively influence, guide and help others to improve the quality and velocity of their work and therefore our product.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the entire booking.com voice environment
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the applications / services that run within voice environment
- Create usage analysis reports, automate and innovate on voice contact center infrastructure
- Optimize and monitor the systems for maximum performance and scalability.
- Troubleshoot complex global deployment
- Understand business processes and suggest ways to improve current processes.
- Create advanced scripts to satisfy business automation use cases where needed.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders, including product owners, managers, internal employees, partner companies and suppliers.
- Ability and willingness to communicate in such a way, that tasks are performed faster with higher quality, so individual and team objectives are achieved.
- Adapts communication to the receiver.
- Listens to understand.
- Ensures everyone is aware, that should be aware of what he is doing.
- Actively engages in interaction to complete the objectives of the team.
- Actively solicits feedback and reflects on own behavior and performance.
- Proactively seeking answers to questions/issues in- and outside the team.
- Shares essential knowledge in an effective way, for example through Tech Talks
- Can explain complex information in such a way that colleagues easily approach him when they have technical issues
- Ability and willingness to gain a deep understanding of booking.com voice environment and its applications to find out how to maintain and expand it, or determine where issues might arise.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the entire booking.com voice environment
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the applications / services that run within voice environment
- Ability and willingness to design and deploy voice infrastructure in such a way that it is easily maintainable, understandable for others and adds value to the business
- Displays skills in voice technologies that are needed for the task (e.g. UCCE, it's underlying infrastructure [Peripheral gateways, Routers, Loggers], UCCE nodes communication processes [OPC, PG/Router private/public network], Call routing, CVP/ICM scripting, UCCE integration with other technologies like CUCM, Windows domain etc.) and not limited to ***CCIE level.***
- Displays skills in troubleshooting, quickly isolating and fixing issues
Ability to take ownership of issues that arise
- Monitors performance of all critical voice services
- Takes appropriate actions, or finds people that can take appropriate actions
- Quickly escalates if a task takes more time than expected or when he gets stuck
- Finishes tasks that he has started
- Can work independently
Ability and eagerness to learn more
- Shows curiosity (by asking questions, researches, etc.) to increase and maintain technical expertise and booking.com company knowledge (e.g. CVP VXML element development, Python scripting for automation)
- Applies newly learned technical expertise in daily practice
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits and a relocation package if needed.