A leading global Corporate Finance consulting firm known for its strong presence in the European Restructuring space, is keen to hire a Mid-level professional with broad Corporate Restructuring experience. As one of Europe’s top Restructuring Practices for SME’s, they offer a variety of advisory services such as special situations (profitability problems & restructuring), but also on acquisitions, strategy and complex financing issues.
Senior Restructuring Advisor / Consultant
About the desk
As a critical member of the restructuring desk, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with plenty of responsibility for leading on-the-ground teams and supporting the partners and directors in client-facing delivery.
As part of the boutique set-up, the consultants on the desk get a holistic development due to the firm’s broad approach and impact of their Advisory processes. Working in a small cohesive team in a flat hierarchy ensures that the Consultants have complete visibility and an overview of the entire situation for their respective projects, thereby resulting in a steep learning curve throughout.
- Managing specific workstreams on financial restructuring engagements on a day to day basis with director/partner oversight, including:
- Project managing parts of the engagement, providing support to the director/partner in managing external stakeholders as well as managing RS and other service line teams involved
- Supporting management teams in preparing and challenging business plans, short term cash flow forecasts and restructuring plans
- Developing, analysing and presenting restructuring options using input from other teams, e.g. insolvency or tax analysis
- Understanding and actively managing the Firm’s risk from take-on through to completion of engagements
- Actively support business development activities using your own contact network as well as supporting partner-led marketing and sales activities
- Identify and pursue potential opportunities using your own network as well as participating in existing business development programmes and key client accounts
In terms of the personality traits required for this position, a mid-level professional with an inquisitive and proactive mindset would be ideal for the role. The role is suited for a pragmatic professional with strong financial and analytical skills, with an advisory attitude. Someone with individuality, guts, creativity and an 'outside the box' thinker. Another essential part of this role is the commercial mind-set and fluent Dutch (written and verbal) abilities as this professional will be liaising directly with their prolific clientele and representing the Consultancy.
- Broad financial restructuring experience gained either as an advisor within a professional services firm, consultancy or investment bank; as an analyst in a debt or special situations fund;
- Good understanding of the restructuring marketplace, its trends and key players (principals and advisers)
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead small teams and develop people
- Excellent analytical skills, research skills (to be able to explore new developments)
- Fluent Dutch and English, spoken and written;
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills;
- Ability to present and interact with various levels of management;
- Eager to learn, energetic, loves to work in an environment without boundaries, high degree of independence and pro-active attitude.