Senior Manager Corporate Development/M&A, PE-backed roll-up Platform, Amsterdam, Netherlands
About our client
Our client is a leading European Oral Care roll-up platform with current operations in the Nordics, UK, DACH and Benelux, backed by one of Scandinavia's leading PE firms.
They are a rapidly growing organization that combines organic and inorganic levers and has demonstrated over 20% yearly growth over the recent years.
Our client has developed a highly professional M&A approach with "PE quality and style" process and resources, which is unique among "buy-and-build" platforms. They have executed more than 180 transactions over the past 5 years, with its inorganic business plan comprising a strong new sites growth via M&A of single sites, multi sites platform, de-novo (greenfield) sites opening and potential entrance into new verticals or geographic markets.
Our client is steering its inorganic growth effort via a group-level M&A team, which is now looking to hire a Senior Manager (BD and M&A) to be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The position will report to the Group BD and M&A leadership team (Head & Deputy Head of BD and M&A) and will work in close collaboration with the C-teams at group and country level.
The role will include interactions with the PE investor and Supervisory Board in relation to strategic M&A transactions and key group projects.
This is an exciting and dynamic role with attractive career development opportunities which will allow you to gain significant M&A buy side experience (including modelling, deal execution, legal) as well as practical strategy and business development experience in the best in class roll up team.
It offers a large degree of autonomy with significant exposure to all key stakeholders and represents as a clear pathway to become key member of Group BD and M&A leadership team in short to medium term based on individual performance. What the job involves
Who we are looking for
- Setting up yearly/ periodical growth strategy and capital
- Setting up yearly/ periodical growth strategy and capital allocation across the group business units including defining key focus areas and priorities
- Leading recruitment, assessment & training of country-level M&A teams
- Serving as investment committee for single and multi-site deals presented by the country teams and approving deals
- Developing M&A systems and tools including underwriting models, funnel management tools, standard deal structures/ legal docs
- Executing strategic M&A transactions (e.g. platforms)
- Assessment and execution of entry into new countries / verticals across the oral care value chain
- Continuous assessment of go-to market approach per country (M&A, brownfield, greenfield)
- Running group financial model and value creation plan used for financing and shareholders / stakeholders discussions
- Management of external advisors (bankers, consultants, accountant) in relation to all group M&A and strategic projects
- Previous experience from a top tier Investment Bank with focus on M&A (M&A or industry team) or a Private Equity fund after investment banking role in top tier IB
- Very strong technical skills (BP modelling, valuation, deal structures)
- Good commercial understanding
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work closely with the senior management team as well as with entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Strategic, analytical and commercial thinker, as well as resourceful problem solver
- Structured and organized, can "quarterback"/ run a complex process
- Motivated and self-driven with ability to multitask across projects
- Fluency in English is a must, optionally German/Dutch
- Previous experience in Healthcare is plus
Log in to apply