Compliance DBNL is looking for a Sanctions Expert. This is a great opportunity for a professional with a sanctions compliance background. The position of Sanctions Expert is identified as an expert role with a focus on skills to take things on and make it happen by assisting Compliance in driving forward and enhancing the sanctions risk management capabilities within ING DBNL.
Compliance DBNL has an Agile Way of Working and is based in Amsterdam. Together with your squad you are keen on making ING the most trusted bank in the industry. You have the end-to-end responsibility to realize the prioritized activities within the squad. The squad is working with key stakeholders in the DBNL organization and Group FCC to support and monitor the embedding of relevant FCC requirements and controls.
Roles and responsibilities
As Sanctions Expert you:
- Assist in implementing INGs Global Sanctions Compliance program within DBNL;
- Advise employees on Sanctions related risks and requirements to ensure that they act in accordance with laws, regulations and ING risk appetite as defined in ING Policies, including keeping them informed on developments in the FCC area;
- Assist in review of transactions, deals, strategic initiatives on an adhoc basis;
- Keep abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the Financial Crime Compliance risk profile of ING Bank;
- Coordinate governance and oversight effort for the Sanctions Program within DBNL;
- Develop and provide sanctions training.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrable sanctions compliance experience and experience with advising on sanction related topics;
- You have demonstrable experience in project management in relation to sanctions controls, risks, and risk assessments related to sanctions;
- You preferably have a bachelor’s business degree or equivalent and/or other relevant sanctions qualifications;
- Up to date knowledge of Sanctions regulation and dealing with external lawyers and regulators;
- Preferably knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and systems;
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- Fluent in English; speaking Dutch is preferable.
- You are a self-starter;
- You are pragmatic and energetic;
- You have a critical mindset;
- You are eager to learn and you have an innovative mindset;
- You are people-focused, connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you;
- You are a good communicator, being able to convey complex messages in simple ways;
- You have organizational sensitivity;
- You adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm .
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- 36/40 hours
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.