Senior Credit & Collateral Management Officer - Amsterdam
At a glance
Are you fit to become our new Credit & Collateral Management Officer?
Are you in to operational risk and Account Management and you know how to practice this within the Commodity Finance world, then we are looking for you! Your job
You will be responsible for pro-active risk management and monitoring of the liability and collateral position of Energy Commodities clients portfolio including complicated and risk-wize challenging clients and being the daily first contact for these clients. This incorporates the independent assessment of all transactions for compliance to facility terms, assessment of the value and acceptability of collateral provided and the resultant credit risk position for the Bank and providing approval to operations departments to execute. Ongoing communication with commercial account management and Risk & Portfolio management is necessary for alerting adverse developments in the risk profile of the portfolio, obtaining necessary approvals and reporting on the client / Bank position. Your working environment
As a C&CM officer in Energy Commodities, you are working at the very international orientated C&CM department, where English is the main spoken languages, with colleagues coming from over the whole world. You will be working on the same floor as the commercial desk is working. If you come to work at Corporate & Institutional Banking/Trade & Commodity Finance, you will be joining a business, which is enterprising and daring. Your profile
* Minimum Bachelor Degree and minimum 4 years relevant experience in Commodity Finance
* Pro active Risk Management skills, a comprehensive knowledge of ABN AMRO systems
* A good up-to-date working knowledge of LC's, documentary collections, guarantees and the international rules governing such products i.e. UCP, URC etc. and of payment techniques such as , TT wire transfer, SWIFT as well as treasury products such as money market loans / spot & forward foreign exchange and derivative products (swaps / options).
* A comprehensive knowledge of the principles of commodity / trade finance collateral including title documents, inventory and receivables and of the risks and monitoring factors of less secured transactional collateral such as charterparty B/Ls, FCRs, railway bills, holding certificates; a good understanding of the assessment of their acceptability, the methods of valuation and the monitoring / control methods to protect the Bank;
* Good understanding of commodity futures, the link to physical positions financed and the risks / monitoring possibilities for the Bank;
* An understanding of principles according to other major legal jurisdictions applicable to financing by the Bank.
* Good awareness of market developments applicable to the clients / portfolio. In particular of the typical commodity flows, trade terms / practices applicable, counter parties within the trade, peculiarities, hedging possibilities What we offer
If you have the drive we will offer you ample scope to fulfill your ambitions. You will be given every opportunity to work on your personal development and further your career. We offer excellent terms of employment. Dependent on your knowledge and experience your Hay scale will be determined. Interested?
Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? Send us your application as soon as possible.
To find out more, contact Nergiz Sadikoglu, Head of Credit & Collateral Management Energy Commodities, + 31 (0)10 4015332.
We look forward to meeting you.
var vacancyNumber = "21849";var events="event54";var hrType="Vacancy";var vacancyTitle="Senior Credit & Collateral Management Officer";