Senior Account Manager
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc, Amsterdam
- 11 Jan 19
Senior Account Manager Permanent contract
HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,522bn at 31st December 2017, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The Amsterdam branch of HSBC Bank plc was established in 1999 as a global liquidity and cash management office and expanded in 2011 to offer a full range of services to its corporate clients.
To support our growth, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Senior Account Manager
The role is based within GLCM, Client Management (CM), supporting Global Banking and/or Commercial Banking Customers.
Role and responsibilities:
The role of the Senior Account Manager is to manage the provision of client service support to high-valued Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) clients on a local, regional and/or global basis, ensuring client expectations are exceeded and HSBC offers a superior service to that of our competitors. Their role is to provide client liaison and partner with Sales, Service Managers, Product Management, and Operations to identify customized, competitive solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Accountable for delivering Client Service excellence globally effectively managing any risks and issues
• Identification of opportunities globally and effectively managing local/regional Client Service and Account Manager’s to deliver against client promises
• Identify and introduce service enhancements to improve the overall client experience
• Resolves global client service issues and challenges as the final escalation point
• Identify opportunities to streamline processes, eliminate redundancy, increase revenue and strengthen relationships
• Cross selling GLCM products and providing superior service support for all GLCM solutions
• Generate referrals for other Global Businesses and Products, e.g. Global Private Banking (GPB), Global Banking and Markets (GBM), Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF), Commercial Banking (CMB), and Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM), as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
• Interaction with other global GLCM units including clients, global service teams, Sales, Product Management and other elements of Client Management
• Provide analysis and recommendations to senior management
• Pro-actively deliver client service reviews in the format most appropriate to the client
• Maintain partnership and regular dialogue with client service staff to foster teamwork and cooperation
• Provide guidance to in country staff on service related issues
• Identify areas for improvement, devising and implementing well planned strategies to ensure best practices are adopted
• Identify client requirements, working with Relationship Managements (RM’s) and Product Managers to address their needs and enhance client experience, thus seeking to expand HSBC’s share of our client’s business
• Work closely with Sales to provide input and ensure proper levels of support are achievable
Skills and experience required:
• Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of cash management products and services
• Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. client facing
• Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. HUB, SEPA, SWIFT, GPS, GPI, CS, Staff Hex, ClientVision, is desirable but not essential
• Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
• Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
• Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
• Experience of making timely and rational decisions, based on relevant information and experience
• Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
• A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
• Experience of building and managing complex relationships with significant customers
• Comfort with general Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Dutch and English fluency
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.