Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our growing Security team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
This role is ideal for a creative and security-focused professional who wishes to immerse themselves in the commercial dynamics of a successful and rapidly- growing/changing and highly technology-driven company. In this hands-on role, you will manage and setup technical security solutions, perform vulnerability scans, and security assessments and perform security monitoring activities, to optimize the level of security of our high performance IT infrastructure.
Your efforts will be invested in retaining and improving the level of IT security by implementing new security solutions, improving existing security measures, managing security incidents and assist with security management activities. A Risk based approach to IT and Information Security would be desired.
You will be based at the Amsterdam office. You must be able to travel internationally, as there could be projects involving travel to our offices and data centers.
What You Will Do
- Engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identifying and defining system security requirements
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Hunt for Threats, analyze and respond to them
- Automation for security systems and processes
What You Need To Succeed
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Between 4 and 8 years of working experience in IT security
- Hands-on experience working in a Linux and Windows environments (required)
- Hands-on experience in several but preferably all of the following technologies: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, e-mail filtering, DLP solutions, PKI and Internet and networking protocols (required)
- Skills in Scripting and or Programming (required)
- Experience with securing and analyzing the security of Linux and MS Windows based systems and multi-vendor networks (preferred)
- Experience with performing vulnerability scans and manual security tests, and managing follow-up on the findings (preferred)
- Working experience with: industry security standards like ISO27000, performing day to day management of technical security solutions, handling security incidents, and performing technical security assessments (preferred)
- Preferably CISSP, GIAC or similar certifications (preferred)