Companies across the world are setting ambitious climate goals. However, transforming operations and value chains to meet these goals cannot be done overnight. Striving for sustainability is a challenge that we are all facing. This is where our command of the environmental commodities markets is essential. This is where Business Development comes in. MORE ABOUT THE JOB Who we are
ACT is the world's leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. As enablers of the global energy transition, we help organizations hit their climate targets and maximize their profits while reducing risk. Since 2009, we have become a trusted brand in climate projects, green electricity markets, renewable energies and energy efficiency, renewable fuels, emission allowances, and carbon credits.
From our offices in Amsterdam, New York, Shanghai, Singapore and Paris, we draw on over a decade of market knowledge to deliver tailor-made solutions and sterling service. Sales Traders and Consultants work in region-specific teams to create product portfolios for clients that meet their specific needs and help them drive climate action their way. What you'll do
As a Sales Consultant, you will join a relatively new and fast-growing team within the company. Within this team you'll be delivering tailor-made product offerings to clients all over the world. You will create, manage, and grow your own portfolio of clients as well as introducing new markets to them.
You will also have the full support of your colleagues and work together to create and foster meaningful client relationships uncover new topics to collaborate on. We've built ACT on the belief that you always accomplish more together, and we expect new joiners to uphold and contribute to that team spirit. You will add value as part of a collective. Who you are
We are looking for a talented sales professional with experience in or at least an affinity for finance, business development, client management and sustainable commodities. You have stellar communication skills and do not shy away from initiating on new client contacts. You also have an entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in a high-energy environment. When things get tough, you have the drive and persistence to keep yourself motivated and can pick yourself up after every failure ready to try again.
What you'll get
- Fluency in French/Spanish and English;
- A bachelor's/master's graduate, preferably in Business, Economics, or Finance;
- 0-3 years' experience in Sales/Trading/Brokerage/Business Development;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willingness (and excitement) to cold call and approach new people;
- Energy, curiosity, and ambition;
- Accountability, responsibility, and openness to learning fast;
- Drive to close deals and make a difference for ACT and for your clients.
- Fixed salary and performance-based bonus scheme;
- Training from proven experts in the field (negotiation, sales, communication, environmental products);
- Relocation fee reimbursement (if applicable);
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- Exciting target incentives;
- Discount on membership to fitness center Vondelgym in our the office building;
- In-house Life Coach.
Pre-employment screening is part of our application procedure