LIFE AT IMC AS RESEARCH ANALYST WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world. OUR TEAM
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible. Technology
- At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day. Trading
- Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time. Business Support
- Around the world, IMC's business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact. OUR CULTURE
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation. WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A RESEARCH ANALYST AT IMC
IMC has exposure to and faces flow that is driven by news and events. As a Research Analyst, you will partner closely with Traders to identify trading opportunities in options and/or futures markets. You will do so by continuously being on top of the news and performing event analysis. You will attempt to find opportunities that other market participants may not be aware of or are interpreting in a different way. You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes highly pressured dealing room. You are an integral part of the trading team, providing critical edge with your analysis for our strategies.
More specifically, you:
- Identify and analyze catalysts in single stocks, sectors and indices;
- Stay on top of all the news and market pricing that drives and impacts our trading strategies;
- Perform impact analysis on both company and economic events and support traders positioning for it;
- Provide on-the-spot analysis and trade recommendations on breaking news;
- Provide analysis on special situations and corporate actions;
- Analyze events and their impact on Index and sector dispersion;
- Analyze market positions, flows and pricing to identify dislocations and trading opportunities
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- Academic degree in Economics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering or related fields of studies;
- Maximum of 3 years post university work experience;
- Proven interest in financial markets/trading and strong interest in financial/economic news, in particular: global politics, macro-economics, and business/financial news;
- Outstanding analytical skills and strong willingness to make judgement calls and construct trade ideas on the back of news/events/flows;
- Ability to communicate ideas in a clear and concise way.
- Options knowledge including understanding of the Greeks is a plus
- Strong Excel skills, experience with programming in Python (or MATLAB) is a plus;
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website . Now it's up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.