Quantitative Researcher - Amsterdam
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- Mako Group
- 11 Mar 19
Mako has an established history in exchange traded derivatives with a strong presence in the Equity, Fixed Income and Commodity markets. Due to the success of our algorithmic trading business, we are growing our Quantitative Research team and looking for ambitious candidates, eager to take the challenge.
As a Quantitative Researcher you will work in a team of experienced traders and researchers, and help us build our next generation back-testing platform and trading strategies. After a tailored training program about financial markets and derivatives products, you will be ready for your first assignment, with the support of your mentor. We expect you to come up with disruptive ideas and deliver innovative solutions, being involved with all stages of the process - from design to implementation. Within a short time-frame, you will be one of the key members of the team building the future of Mako's algorithmic trading business.
- Improve our back-testing platform and trading strategies
- Develop new algorithms using Python/C++ within a Linux environment
- Perform research on state-of-the-art data-driven methodologies
- Analysis and reporting for active trading strategies
- Work independently on individual projects
- Bachelors's or higher degree in physics, engineering or a related quantitative field
- Excellent command of English
- Ability to apply complex concepts to real-life problems
- A competitive attitude striving for continuous improvement
- Affinity with high-dimensional, large datasets
What we offer
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Great secondary benefits like gym membership etc.
- Relocation package and (if you need it!) your first Amsterdam bike
- 25 paid vacation days
- Visa sponsorship if required
- A fast-paced working environment, with a dress-down culture.
- Software Development – 5/5
- Data Science 4/5
- Machine Learning 3/5