Flow Traders is looking for an experienced QA Engineer (Python) to join our growing QA team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the development and IT operations teams to understand the company's application landscape
- Cooperate with the end users (traders/compliance/risk) to gain deep knowledge of the business side and apply it in the designs of the tests
- Define all necessary test activities for the project and execute those
- Maintain and improve the test environment to mimic production as closely as possible
- Continuously look for improvements of the company's quality assurance processes
A Day In The Life
We start our day with a product team stand up meeting. This is an opportunity to catch up on the progress, raise problems and discuss plans for the day. A business representative is also present, so questions to business can be discussed and resolved instantly. After the stand up, you get to focus on your tasks - execute tests for the upcoming release/ write tests for the new functionality/ integrate your tests into CI / set up test environment/ discuss requirements with business/ investigate production issues.
At lunchtime, you join your colleagues in the lounge and enjoy a company provided fresh meal. During the day, if there are no pressing issues or you feel that you need a break; you can unwind at the pool table, play table tennis or do a workout in the gym. After the day is done you can join your colleagues to celebrate a successful release or just to socialize at our bar.
What You Need To Succeed
- Working knowledge of QA in SDLC
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment
- Knowledge of SQL, databases and networking is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills