LIFE AT IMC AS PERFORMANCE ENGINEER WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world. OUR TEAM
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible. Technology
- At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day. Trading
- Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time. Business Support
- Around the world, IMC's business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact. OUR CULTURE
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation. PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING AT IMC:
IMC is currently looking for a multi-talented and passionate hands-on Performance Engineer to play a critical role in analysing, optimising, and continuously tuning the complete trading stack, in order to improve performance of our low latency trading systems on financial exchanges.
As a Performance Engineer, you will interact heavily with other teams and be exposed to low latency technologies such as microwave links and FPGAs that are being used by thousands of trading applications daily.
Your primary source of information are full network captures that amount to terabytes of data per day. All these must be reliably captured, stored on an accessible medium, decoded and analysed in order to find patterns, provide answers, and verify theories and assumptions.
You will also be given the opportunity to try in a real environment any innovative state-of-the-art technology, be it in early initial commercialisation phases or via collaboration with Universities / Research centres. This is done by implementing quick internal prototypes of early alpha versions that access both their latency improvements and their real-world applicability. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Prototyping: be able to quickly try out different Ideas, Solutions and Technologies... all at the same time.
- Automation: be able to fully automate all Measurement, Data collection and Analysis via scripting
- Measurement: be a latency measurement detective; think Sherlock Holmes and the case of the missing packet sniffer microsecond
- Communication: be able to share / route the appropriate level of information with both Traders and other Technology teams.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- Knowledge: Proficient understanding of computer internals, networking and Linux (at least two out of three). Skilled in reverse engineering techniques and Python for data analysis. Knowledge of C++ or Java is a plus
- Personality: Inquisitive mind, love solving brain teasers. Be able to work self-sufficiently with minimal guidance after internal training
- Experience: Proven commercial programming experience in Python or Java
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website . Now it's up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.