How will you make an impact?
In the next couple of years, we will be considerably expanding our operations all around Europe and you will have the opportunity to be part of it. You ensure that all Bitvavo employees will receive their salary and related benefits in a timely and correct manner, and comply with local compliance rules of legal and labor law and payroll taxes. You ensure that all employees are satisfied with Bitvavo as an employer because you always pay out the salary on time and accurately.
You are part of the Finance team and will report to the Accounting & Reporting Lead. You will work closely with the Accounting team, the People team, and the external payroll vendor.
What is the role about?
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation, reviewing, analysis, and processing of end-to-end payroll for The Netherlands, while maintaining strict confidentiality of data
- Coordinating and supervising overall efficiency and effectiveness of our payroll operations
- Supervising and maintaining the payroll control processes to ensure consistent and robust compliance with all legal, employment, tax, and HR labor requirements
- Setting up payroll outsourcing in new countries (ADP Celergo)
- Initiating training sessions to explain payroll/benefits policies and procedures
- Assisting in completing the year end regulatory payroll audits
- Perform monthly reconciliation and analysis of P&L and Balance accounts
- Develop and coordinate desktop procedures on key specific payroll areas, such as payroll input, checks and controls, payroll journals
What do you need to be successful?
- Detailed knowledge of payroll systems (preferably ADP), taxation and national insurance rules
- Experience in (Dutch) payroll
- A proactive, team player mind-set and the ability to work independently
- Accuracy, efficiency, and the ability to be organised and prioritise tasks as needed;
- The skills to present information in a clear and informative format for both financial and non-financial users
What do we offer?
Excellent employment terms, including:
- A very competitive package
- Catered lunch and breakfast in the office
- 26 days of annual leave, and your birthday off!
- Personal development budget and internal courses
- Unlimited access to coaching platform and monthly wellbeing budget
- Hybrid environment within The Netherlands
Who are we?
We are Bitvavo. We’re on a mission to make digital assets accessible to everyone. This means creating a user-friendly and reliable trading platform, with a wide variety of digital assets and transparent trading fees. Over the years we’ve become a trusted exchange used by over one million Europeans.
Bitvavo was founded in 2018 and has come a long way since then. We’re now a team of more than 200 employees from 33 different nationalities and we’ll keep growing to achieve our mission. Our headquarters are based in the canal district of Amsterdam.