- competitive salary based on experience
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
VanEck is a global asset manager that offers both passive and active investment products. Globally the firm manages approximately $48 billion and has offices worldwide including its headquarters in New York, and offices in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Frankfurt (Germany), Sydney (Australia), Pfaeffikon (Switzerland), and Shanghai (China). The Marketing Manager is a key role in Europe supporting the business across intermediary and institutional distribution channels. The position’s primary responsibility is to plan, develop and execute marketing strategies to promote the ETF, active, and index businesses. This position will require travel of approximately 2 days per week to VanEck’s Frankfurt, Germany office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Collaborating with the EU sales team, manage and oversee the execution of the marketing strategy, differentiating approaches to ensure they are appropriate to the different target markets and target client bases.
• Develop and project manage marketing plans for both existing products and new product launches using a variety of marketing tools such as advertising, webinars, micro-sites, events, publications, presentations, and multi-media.
• Oversee creation of marketing materials including email campaigns, brochures, conference materials, white papers, placed articles, and other types of written marketing collateral.
• Oversee website content.
• Manage Public/Media Relations and social media efforts.
• Ensure brand consistency across marketing plans.
• Oversee selection and management of external agencies and service providers.
• Oversee planning and tracking of marketing budget.
• Collaborate with Sales and provide support where necessary.
• Provide legal support (DDQs, Annual and semi-annual reports).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail and quality assurance.
• Excellent project management skills and proven delivery skills.
• Excellent knowledge of marketing communications, investment industry and products.
• Strong experience in both print and digital marketing.
• Creative and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with changing priorities; self-sufficient while being detail-oriented and motivated to excel; well organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and/or Experience
• 7+ years of experience within marketing focused on mutual fund and/or ETF offerings.
• Experience in process building.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, business, finance or economics
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
• Fluent in Dutch and English, German and other language skills a plus.