Market Risk Officer - Amsterdam
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 17 Feb 19
Market Risk Officer - Amsterdam
At a glance
Are you analytical and are you able to tell the story behind the numbers? Do you have a critical mind and are able to convince stakeholders? As a market risk manager, you ensure the market risk in our EUR 400 bln balance sheet is in line with our moderate risk profile.
What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it!
As Market Risk Officer you are responsible for identifying, analysing, quantifying, and managing the market risk of the banking book of ABN AMRO. You monitor whether the risks are in line with our moderate risk profile and advise senior management on developments. You perform analyses and simulations to ensure that this remains the case going forward. What are the options to manage the risk profile? You assess new banking products and market developments. You gather knowledge and advise stakeholders with impact and conviction.
You are constantly aware of the ongoing processes and the risk management reports in the field of interest rate risk management and liaise with other departments, such as ALM and Treasury. You are a specialist in the field of interest rate risk management. You help the (senior management of the) organisation in improving the ALM function.
The most important products, such as mortgages and client deposits require behavioural modelling. As you understand both the strong suits and weaker points in models and assumptions, you quickly get to provide advise independently. You specify functional risk management requirements for the development and implementation of new systems and models.
You are up to date on new regulatory requirements, translate these into actionable advice and are involved in the implementation. You are in direct contact with supervisors and are involved in projects like the EBA and internal stress tests.
Your working environment
You will be part of an international team of driven people. The Market Risk Management department is the second line of defense for interest rate risk in the banking book of ABN AMRO. Together with Liquidity & Capital Risk Management and Trading book Market Risk Management we make up the Market & ALM/T Risk department. The department consists of around 21 FTE and is situated in the dealing room of the ABN ARMO headquarters in Amsterdam. The most important business units that MRM supervises are central ALM/T and Global Markets, but the responsibility is worldwide. In this role, we have a direct reporting line to the CRO.
This function operates an environment of increased complexity and dynamics in products, type of business, regulations and the global environment. Market Risk Management (and other Risk Control functions) assess risks according to the guidelines set by Group Risk Committee and supervisors.
• Masters degree, preferably in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Mathematics or a similar topic
• 3 - 7 years of relevant experience
• Experience in Market Risk Management, Asset & Liability Management or Trading related function in a global environment
• Well informed on developments regarding market risk best practices, regulation and product developments
• Knowledge of financial markets and interest rate instruments, val uation and risk models
• Programming skills are considered a strong plus (e.g. Python)
• Highly team oriented, enthusiastic and proactive
What we offer
• Freedom to perform at your best, work flexibly and lots of room to grow
• A competitive salary
• An additional benefit budget of 11%, which you can use to buy employment benefits in a flexible way
• A personal development budget of EUR 1000 per annum
• Free public transportation or a transportation budget, depending on function
• A good pension scheme
At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients' interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say 'no' if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients' interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.