What is the role about?
We are expanding our Enterprise Risk Management department and, hence, looking for a Market Risk Manager. The main objective of the department is to ensure that the Business operates within the risk appetite established by the Management Board. To achieve this objective, Risk has designed and implemented a sound, unified framework for the risk management and internal control system.
This position has the responsibility in providing quantitative analysis and insight, giving assurance to senior management that all market risks are being measured accurately and managed/controlled in line with risk appetite, meeting both internal and regulatory requirements.
You will help develop, improve and maintain the market risk and control framework. You will play a fundamental role in continuously growing, improving, and embedding this control framework in the organisation. You will act as a facilitator in the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of market risks, which will support the Business in making risk-based decisions.
The mandate will revolve around improving BAU functionality of market risk management with the organisation in addition to leading the implementation of various market risk related projects.
How will you make an impact?
- Support in developing and implementing overall market risk strategies and initiatives to align with the Company's business strategies and goals in the digital asset space.
- Monitor, analyse and report the organisation's market risk exposure
- Ensure limits are well monitored and properly reported, identify material risks, propose risk mitigations and follow up with the actions taken for any breaches or alerts
- Conduct risk analysis on portfolios and the relevant risk limit
- Maintain risk indicators, VaR/ES, stress testing and sensitivities reflect the risks appropriately and dynamically
- Continuously engage with Front Office to keep up to date with their trading strategy, pricing and overall business strategies
- Involve in projects to implement changes in models, systems and regulations
- Work across risk functions to contribute to the success of the risk management team as a whole
- Collaborate with other corporate functions on issues of common interest
- (e.g. Finance on valuation and P&L, Operations etc)
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and analysis on risk, market and modelling issues as required
How will you be successful?
- 3 - 5 years market risk management experience
- Solid quantitative skills, with good understanding of risk indicators and stress testing
- Able to code in VBA, R or Python to automate daily risk control report
- Proactive self-starter with ability to work independently as well as part of the department/team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex data in a clear and concise manner to effectively communicate risk issues to senior management and trading teams
- Experience working with market data and trading systems, such as Bloomberg/Reuters is a plus
- Degree holder in Finance, Risk Management, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Science or other relevant disciplines
- Student of CFA or FRM or similar is a plus
What do we offer?
Excellent employment terms, including:
- A very competitive package
- Catered lunch and breakfast in the office
- 26 days of annual leave, and your birthday off!
- Personal development budget and internal courses
- Unlimited access to coaching platform and monthly well-being budget
- Hybrid environment within The Netherlands
Who are we?
We are Bitvavo. We’re on a mission to make digital assets accessible to everyone. This means creating a user-friendly and reliable trading platform, with a wide variety of digital assets and transparent trading fees. Over the years we’ve become a trusted exchange used by over one million Europeans.
Bitvavo was founded in 2018 and has come a long way since then. We’re now a team of more than 200 employees from 33 different nationalities and we’ll keep growing to achieve our mission. Our headquarters are based in the canal district of Amsterdam.