Lead Developer - Experiences
Travel is one of life's great pleasures. It inspires us, betters us. It makes the 'routine' worthwhile. As one of the largest digital travel companies, Booking.com has a mission to empower people to experience the world and takes away travel anxiety and empowers people to experience the world.
We are looking for Lead Developer - track level technical leaders who own the track technical strategy. As a Lead you ask the right questions to the right people in order to align our business strategy with their area, demonstrating broad business knowledge and fierce customer-focus. You take the lead in developing the community and inspire others to do their best work. You are role model, mentor and strategist who execute technical tasks with excellence. B.responsible
- Combine hands on coding with working on impactful project(s) and supporting other team members,
- Solve business problems, work cross-functionally and lead initiatives to improve our development process and business opportunities within Booking.com's Experiences Tech organization,
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do,
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment efforts and proactively share your knowledge to help your colleagues grow,
- Represent Booking.com values, both within the company and in the external community,
- Advocate for a collaborative working environment - turn "my ideas" into "our ideas".
- You are a humble and thought technology leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates respect through your actions and not your title;
- You have strong programming skills and experience with 2+ server-side programming languages;
- You have 10+ years of experience as a Software Developer, you've worked with web applications, distributed systems;
- Experience in working on similar type of product(s) that impact customers as our scales;
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels,
- You have driven successful technical, business and people related initiatives that improved productivity, performance and quality,
- You have a 'can do' attitude and you act proactively and not reactively,
- Prior experience with mentoring, coaching and influencing team members.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!