Organization AFS Group is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies. With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information, data services and dedicated research. AFS has 100 employees.
The AFS Fixed Income department consists of a highly experienced team of 10 people with a unique mix of institutional investors, global & local banks and government clients all over Europe, The Middle East, Latin America, USA and Asia. AFS Fixed Income is active in the following products:
- Bonds (corporate, government bonds)
- Public Debt
- Non-benchmark issues
- Certificates of Deposits (CD) & Commercial Paper (CP)
- Treasury Bills
- Medium Term Notes (MTNs)
- Private Placements and Structured Loans
To improve the offering to our client base and expand our business further we are looking for junior/ medior/ senior brokers at our AFS Fixed Income Desk.
- Expand the client base with new clients – develop existing clients in our network.
- Identify clients’ needs and pro-actively act to achieve best-in-market customer satisfaction
- Actively look for new and cross-selling opportunities within AFS Group departments
- Target institutional investors that are active in fixed income in Europe and Asia.
Competencies and qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or similar level in Economics.
- A pro-active, entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to develop business in new directions
- A creative team player with excellent social, sales and communication skills
- Accurate, excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Fluent in one or more major Asian languages and English.
- Proven track record for at least 2 years in mediation and/or trading of fixed income products like bonds, medium term notes or sales driven environment.
- Familiar with setting and reaching team targets, works well under pressure
- The ambition to grow on a personal level and move up the ladder
What we offer
You have the opportunity to join a company which is highly ambitious, growing fast and young at heart. AFS provides a fast paced, professional and international working environment, with a strong focus on personal development. Internal training as well as external courses are part of what we offer you in order to unlock your full potential. In addition to that, we offer competitive remuneration and benefits including profit sharing possibilities.
AFS is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the old trading floor of the stock exchange at Beursplein 5.
If you are interested to join our team of ambitious and talented people, please send your cover letter and resume to Robbin Sewdin (firstname.lastname@example.org).