Java Software Developer
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
Java Software Developer
Booking.com is looking for a Java Software Developer to join our Technology Department at our Amsterdam headquarters to play a pivotal role in helping us to shape our Java ecosystem.
We are one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world. To create the ultimate travel experience, we build and improve great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners.
Our Technology Department is more than 300 teams of four to six people each. We operate on a scrum-based agile development methodology, we are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
We deploy code multiple times per day on tens of thousands of servers across multiple data centers around the world, we have freedom, end-to-end access, and authority to make meaningful and measurable improvements empowering millions of people to experience the world.
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems.
- Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across our multinational data centers;
- Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Minimum of 3 years Java software development experience.
- Experience with frameworks such as; Spring,DropWizard or JEE
- Experience with other languages like Perl, Go, Python, Scala, C++ etc is a plus.
- Experience with of Distributed Service Oriented Architecture patterns
- Previous experience with distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Excellent communication; written and spoken
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting Java services is a nice to have
- Good grip on the JVM internals is a nice to have
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast paced and performance-driven culture
- Utilizing technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Advancing technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Receiving competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!