Internship: Artificial Intelligence in Banking
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
See job description for details
Internship: Artificial Intelligence in Banking - master thesis assignment
By 2018, 50% of the fastest-growing companies will have fewer smart employees than instances of smart machines. 47% of jobs could be automated in the next 10 to 20 years. Robots, automation, and AI will replace 5 million human jobs by 2020. By 2030, 90% of jobs as we know them today will be replaced by Smart Machines. Robots are coming.. and faster than you think!
Within banking we have to different assignments to write a master thesis, based on solid research into the concepts, application and value of Artificial Intelligence initiatives in the Dutch banking industry.
AI in banking
Across the world, Financial Services firms are waking up to the possibilities AI can bring to their business. Some banks, for instance, are actively using AI to reduce error rates, deliver personalized services to HNI customers and do real-time sentiment analysis. AI powered virtual assistants are also making waves.
The rise of digital first banks has changed customer expectations. The complex banking model is under threat, yet complexities in the system are ever increasing. AI can be the answer to stay competitive in this cutthroat environment. From using robots to greet customers, to providing voice banking or selfie-pay, to deploying robo-advisors, there is immense scope for AI to drive customer loyalty for banks. Large financial service organizations are already using AI to deliver personalized advise to its wealthy clients and several others have invested in AI technology to answer complex financial questions posed by customers.
AI/Robotics for payment
Write a master thesis, based on solid research into the concepts, application and value of Robotics & Artificial Intelligence initiatives in the payments industry.
AI technologies have been around for a while in the payments industry -- think about the neural networks used for dynamic risk scoring -- but it has never been hotter as a topic than it is right now. At a macro-level, AI-based innovation is flourishing in the payments industry. A whole new world of possibilities opens up when personalized connections between customer and merchant are made available through mobile technologies and artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence is steadily making its way through the payments and financial services world. The technology's usefulness for fraud detection is clear, but there are other areas where AI can have an impact.
Place in the organization
You will be part of the Financial Services practice. Accenture Financial Services serves three industry groups: banking, capital markets and insurance. Accenture Financial Services works with the world's best banks, capital markets firms, and insurers to achieve high performance.
Are you the perfect candidate?
- You are a Master student, in the final year of your graduation from university, preferably a specialization in the areas of: (Business) Economics and (Innovation) Management
- You have affinity with disruptive technologies;
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You work independently and have a hands-on mentality; you are creative and take responsibility.
- You are a team player with outstanding communication skills; you are professional and secure.
- We think it is important that you have a strong intrinsic motivation to work on the subject and take ownership over certain areas.
What can we offer you?
Within Accenture we offer you a work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will get a lot of responsibility. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international businesses.
- You will be guided by a team of experienced consultants;
- You will receive an compensation and a laptop;
- You will gain knowledge and expertise of Accenture;
- You will gain experience within a large international consulting firm;
- You will expand your professional network;
- Period: 6 months
- Hours a week: 40
- Location: Amsterdam: Flexible workplace (work among our colleagues)
- Startdate: Immediately
We are looking forward to meet you. Apply directly online through the button 'solliciteer online' and send us your cv and application letter. Please mention in your application letter For more information about this vacancy you can contact Wesley van der Wilk via email@example.com.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Do you want to know more about a career at Accenture? Visit our website www.Accenture.nl/carriere or follow us at www.Facebook.com/accenturenl.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.