Head of Vendor Management
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Jul 18 2018-07-06
This is a newly created role developed to bring the department to the next level. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing a global strategy encompassing the selection and management of a wide variety of different payments vendors that will deliver a top service to our customers. If you are able to create an approach that’s scalable and resilient around the world, meets our customer and business needs and guarantees we’re optimizing for cost efficiency and technical excellence this could be your next career move!
- Sourcing, selecting & managing relationships with all payment vendors including but not limited to; Payment service providers, wallet and alternative payments, card acquirers and issuers, FX services.
- Accountable for senior stakeholder engagement and full alignment with their strategies and plans to ensure commitment of stakeholders to involve procurement and follow procurement governance.
- Establish procurement vision and mission and set goals and objectives that support Booking.com goals.
- Serve as strategic advisor to the payments organisation in procurement related matters
- Map needs for different countries/regions, carry out competitive analysis to select the top vendors
- Build a scalable and resilient program for global vendors, focusing on large impact countries/regions
- You will build strong relationships at a senior level with our vendors and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
- Attract and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with new and existing vendors
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight and action with the aim of optimizing performance
- Grow, lead and mentor a team of Procurement Specialists
- You must have experience in a large e-commerce/IT driven company managing payment vendors
- Strong analytical skills
- Take ownership and be driven to constantly improve and challenge status quo
- Strong understanding of payments landscape
- Stakeholder management at all levels; not afraid to challenge and excellent communication skills
- Team and service oriented approach
- Creative & critical thinker
- Project management experience
- Independent, pragmatic and pro-active work attitude
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Internationally focused and an awareness of different cultures
- Masters in a related field
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.