What is the role about?
As Head of Risk, you will lead, inspire and mentor our Risk team, who is responsible for the identification, assessment, management and monitoring of all financial and non-financial risks that may impact Bitvavo's business. Our team manages enterprise, operational, business continuity, IT and financial risks, hence we expect to hire a leader with strong technical skills, as well as industry experience. As Head of Risk, you have extensive knowledge and understanding of the (crypto) regulatory environment and wider economic and political factors which may impact our business.
How will you make an impact?
- Leading, inspiring and mentoring the entire Risk team, ensuring their engagement, motivation and growth
- Implementing and promoting a prudent and sound management of actual and potential risks to support the Management Board in accordance with the strategies, risk appetite and governance principles mandated by the Management Board
- Ensuring that all risks are under control by identifying, measuring, assessing, mitigating and monitoring them on an on-going basis
- Educating, challenging, advising and assisting the business in the implementation of risk management measures
- Being a key contributor to informed executive decision-making by providing the Management Board, and any other internal or external stakeholders with a comprehensive objective and relevant risk overview
How will you be successful?
- University Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or similar
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, some of which were spent in the fintech or trading space
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of and experience in managing financial risk, as well as enterprise, operational and IT risks. This includes knowledge of regulatory requirements, risk assessment and mitigation techniques, and risk reporting frameworks
- Demonstrable knowledge of current developments in the financial sector with respect to legislation, compliance, integrity and corporate governance
- Strong communication and (senior) stakeholder management abilities
- Fluency in English, written and spoken