Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Global Head of Tax to join our Finance team in Amsterdam. A natural decision maker, the ideal candidate is not afraid to work in a hands-on manner, and will implement new or optimized strategies with ease. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
In this position, you will be responsible for our global tax planning and strategy. You will work closely together with the finance teams in the different regions, hence we expect you to enjoy working in a complex environment where in-depth knowledge of our business is required for you to find the best solutions for the several entities.
What you will do
- Hold responsibility for the global tax landscape of Flow Traders N.V.
- Work together with the global offices to implement corporate income tax, requirements, strategies and transactions
- Actively drive continuous improvement in the field of tax, reporting, data and transactions
- Keep track of (global) developments, analyse tax risk and opportunities for Flow Traders. Based on this, take required action to implement these opportunities
- Stay in close contact with several stakeholders and business operations to understand their business and potential impact of changes to the tax position of Flow Traders
- Responsible for but not limited to Corporate Income Tax filing, Payroll Tax, Transaction Tax, VAT
- Assessing risk, control and cash flow
- Supervising and assisting with tax audits
- Supporting ad-hoc activities and projects related to tax
What you need to succeed
- Master Degree in Tax Law and/or Tax Economics
- 8+ years of experience in a public accounting firm combined with an international corporate environment, as well as a specialization in international tax
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent eye for detail, pro-active and problem solving skills
- You need to be eager to dive into cases, understand the challenges and come up with solutions
- Take ownership, be entrepreneurial and strong decision making skills
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility