AFS Group is a European financial service provider specialized as an intermediary in the wholesale Financial and Renewable Energy sector. With over 120 employees from offices in 4 countries AFS provides voice and hybrid brokering, execution, electronic trading and transaction advice services for a wide range of asset classes. Thanks to AFS in-depth market knowledge and strong historical relationships AFS can offer her clients added value through best price discovery, time saving best execution and qualified advice.
We have a great job opening for a fullstack developer to strengthen our team. As a fullstack developer you will be part of an intelligent and highly motivated IT team with 12 direct colleagues. You will be working on the trading system used by our Execution Services and Interest Rates departments.
You will be working on Markets, our internally developed trading system used by two out of three of the trading departments at AFS. Markets is used by front office, back office and finance to manage the whole process of the trades done by our brokers. This system processes trades, sends out confirmations and invoices, handles communication with external parties like clearing and settlement agents and takes care of all needed regulatory reporting.
As fullstack developer you will be working on extending the system with new features, fixing bugs and working with stakeholders to deliver a better experience to the users. The development will take place in close consultation with your direct IT colleagues, AFS’ front office, back office and other departments.
What we expect:
Must have experience
- You have at least 2-years relevant working experience
- You communicate fluently in English (or Dutch)
- Projects using PHP
- Projects using Python
- Working with Linux (and bash scripting)
- An interest in working on a complex legacy trading system
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with PyQT
- Solid debugging skills
- You show interest in the financial services industry
- It’s important you are conscientious, and you have a strong sense of agency
- Open in communication to tackle the project's complexities together
What we offer:
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Working in an awesome, ambitious and driven high performing team
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization with years of experience
- Competitive remuneration and training possibilities
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A variety of activities with the team
If you are interested, please submit your resume via the application form.
“We recruit our own AFS colleagues. We don’t need help from external parties. If we receive resumes from recruitment agencies, we reserve the right to contact them directly and treat them as regular candidates.”