Full Stack Developer
Booking.com is looking for Full Stack Developers all around the globe! Join us in our beautiful Amsterdam headquarters and work on planet Earth's #1 accommodation website with the industry's smartest people! Our guiding principle is that by helping users we help our business
As a Full Stack Developer, you are responsible for developing world-class, complete web applications, both on the backend and frontend, for monitoring and addressing performance and security, and for developing customer-focused and scalable user experiences. You will work side-by-side with designers, product owners, copywriters and other developers to create new features, test your own ideas, and push changes live for billions of users. You will:
- Deliver web applications from an idea inception and validation to a scalable solution.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users, prioritizing based on business impact, and A/B test them.
- Develop new user-facing products and optimize existing ones using both client-side as well as server-side languages and technologies
Understanding the full stack of web development, from transmission of data segments between networks to presenting a well-strategized experience to users is vitally important in this role. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate discussions, are solutions-oriented, customer focused and believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools. We are looking for:
- Experience working on products that impact a large user base or in an entrepreneurial startup environment.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Self-starters with a collaborative, "can-do" attitude.
- Quick delivery of end-to-end solutions to validate ideas and produce quality products
- Experience debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux environment.
- Passionate learners who aren't afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. We have tech talks, trainings, and support you attending and speaking at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We successfully relocate hundreds of IT professionals and their families to Amsterdam every year. Join us!