Front End Developer
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Front End Developer
Booking.com is looking for Front End Developers all around the globe! Join us at our beautiful headquarters in Amsterdam and work on planet Earth's #1 accommodation website with some of the industry's smartest people!
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business. As a Developer in the Front End team you'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in small startup-like teams that take full ownership of their part of our platform. You'll work side by side with designers, back end developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyze, hand code & test your ideas. You'll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of users.
Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for detail, pragmatic approach and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented and bug free. We make all of our decisions based on experiments and testing, so you should be excited by taking a data-led approach to development. If you believe you're also a passionate advocate for the user, and are looking to work in an agile, collaborative environment than we would like to hear from you! ad
- Continuously look for ways to improve Booking.com and implement A/B tests
- Take ownership of sections of Booking.com 's desktop, tablet and mobile web sites
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- 4+years of experience in a relevant role, preferably in a commercial environment
- Experience with templating languages
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Comfortable working on a command line
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has regular tech talks, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!