- Permanent, Full time
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Full time
Do you want to work in a challenging environment which is rapidly growing? Join DEGIRO and be part of a team that is changing the landscape of online trading!
DEGIRO is an online pan-European securities broker that serves both individual and professional investors. DEGIRO offers market access through a fast, high-performance online platform. Founded in 2008 to serve institutional investors, and headquartered in Amsterdam, DEGIRO launched its retail trading platform in 2013. DEGIRO is now active across 18 countries and is the fastest growing broker in Europe.
We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and we now have a local presence in 3 cities: Amsterdam, Sofia, and Hong Kong. If you want to make a difference, have a thrilling experience and you’re passionate about trading/investing, come on board and join the ride. But as we continue to experience phenomenal growth, it can be hard to keep up. That’s why we’re looking for an ambitious, forward-thinking Front-end Developer who can help drive the DEGIRO products to impressive new heights.
About the role
As a front-end web developer, you will be part of a team responsible for the development and maintenance of our user facing platforms that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers.
Our development strategy is agile, and we do code rollouts on a continuous basis. As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team and across teams. You will interact with our Back-End, UX/UI, Product Management, Marketing and other internal teams as you develop new functionality to.
Next to that you will
• Select new tools and technologies together with the development team;
• Provide hands on technical expertise;
• Propose creative solutions for web platforms used by hundreds of thousands of customers;
• Develop complex fully responsive trading tools;
• Improve existing and drive new features from design board to production;
• Collaborate with product owners, UX designers, and other stakeholders;
• Constantly improve quality of codebase, flexibility of the development ecosystem, and capacity of the team.
Who we are looking for
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in Informatics or similar;
• 3+ years of solid experience;
• Recent experience building rich front ends for web-based (trading)applications;
• Recent experience with modern web technologies such as Web Services, RESTful APIs, WebSockets, and GraphQL;
• Knowledge of front-end web technologies for mobile devices is an advantage;
• Team player;
• Willing to relocate to Amsterdam;
• Affinity with financial markets is a plus.
What we offer
Besides offering a Market conform salary with bonus potential, free Dutch lessons, free lunch at the office, a friendly working environment and much more perks we offer you a challenging job within a fast forward moving company and the opportunity to work with the best in the industry. We offer optional apartment sharing with colleagues in Amsterdam. Furthermore, you will work in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, in a modern work environment (Rembrandt Tower).
If you are interested please upload your resume and motivation letter via the 'Apply online' button below. If you need further information, you can contact us at email@example.com or via phone at +31(0)20-5353480.