Financial Crime Compliance, VP, Financial Crime Lead and MLRO for the Netherlands
Description About this role Legal and Compliance at BlackRock:
BlackRock's Global Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides advice to the business focused on ensuring the protection of our client's best interests. The department is a dynamic environment with the team focused on understanding evolving business strategy, challenging and advising on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business in translating Compliance into their daily work and decision making;
- Putting client interests at the center of everything we do;
- Cultivating and enhancing BlackRock's compliance culture;
- Providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation to our business and to the market; and
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
This is a role that will require the individual to be able to operate across a broad range of financial crime risks, including money laundering and terrorist financing, sanctions, bribery and corruption and fraud, but particular subject matter expertise in EU anti-money laundering is required. The role of Financial Crime Lead and MLRO for the Netherlands will involve working with a number of providing Financial Crime support both for the Dutch business and boards across the range of risks and being the designated MLRO. The role will also include providing support to a number of Branch offices within Europe and in some cases being the designated MLRO. The role is located in Amsterdam.
The candidate will report into the EMEA Head of Financial Crime and will be responsible for delivering, for the Netherlands and associated branches, a financial crime strategy and framework in relation to all four financial crime risks articulated above, which is consistent with the global framework. This individual will work with the broader EMEA Financial Crime team, based in London, Luxembourg, Ireland and Budapest, to determine strategy for the countries for which they have responsibility. As the Dutch entity MLRO, the individual will have reporting responsibilities into boards of directors for the legal entities domiciled in in the Netherlands. Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the EMEA Head of Financial Crime to enhance the framework in relation to managing the risks of money laundering sanctions, fraud and bribery and corruption ("the four risks") in the Netherlands and associated branch jurisdictions, including writing country specific policies and procedures and undertaking the relevant risk assessments. Coordinate with the Global Risk leads as necessary on the compliance risk framework priorities and oversee required regulatory change management processes for the jurisdictions as appropriate.
- Oversee relevant audits, regulatory visits and examinations regarding the four risks in both the Netherlands and associated branch countries.
- Produce regular management information for both the EMEA Head of Financial Crime and the boards and committees, including structured quarterly reporting and appropriate annual reports on the risk framework
- Provide clear technical advice, guidance and training on all four risk areas to members of the business.
- Undertake monitoring, in line with the agreed EMEA program, to ensure continuous review and monitoring of the financial crime risks associated with internal and external delegates and relevant service providers.
- Act as the escalation point of contact for complex transactions and high-risk client onboardings.
- Partner with Legal to assist in oversight and compliance with AML requirements.
- Ensure the active identification, response and/or escalation of risks as appropriate.
- Form strong relationships with key individuals within the business, compliance and operations.
- This is a new role and as such there is some capacity for the individual to shape the role according to the needs of the compliance framework supporting a dynamic and growing global business. The individual will gain an appreciation of BlackRock's operations in Europe and our global approach to managing regulatory and compliance risks in the EU. This role will have significant interaction with senior Business, Compliance and Legal stakeholders.
- The successful candidate should have 10+ years of experience in Financial Crime Compliance risk management at other financial institutions or consulting firms; experience working as an AML Officer in asset management firms is a strong advantage but is not essential.
- Considerable knowledge of Financial Crime regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact the Asset Management industry, its products and/or its underlying institutional and corporate client base
- The successful candidate should be experienced in policy and procedure writing and be confident in performing risk assessments and creating a monitoring program.
- A strong understanding of the requirements of a Dutch AML program and EU regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of AML and Sanctions; an understanding of Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption is a plus.
- Proven ability to enhance and manage a compliance program
- Experience managing or participating in supervisory exams would be an advantage.
- Have a proactive approach to business issues, identifying areas of improvement and enhancement including the automation of processes
- Excellent communication, judgment and business partnership skills, including working as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.