Flow Traders is looking for a Financial Accountant to join our growing Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
At Flow Traders you will be working on various projects and new initiatives that require your input from a finance perspective. You will notice that no day is the same at Flow Traders and that your planning may be jeopardized by new initiatives, but that is exactly what you like about the job. When you are half way of your day, you either decide to go for a work-out at the gym during lunch or take a lunch break and sit with other Flow Traders colleagues. After lunch, it is only a few hours ahead before our NY office opens, which will give you an opportunity to catch up with the NY finance team. At the end of the day, you can unwind at the Flow bar to catch up with your colleagues with a drink or arcade games, if you feel like it.
What you will do
The main duties are listed below, but please do keep in mind that this role may also involve a significant amount of ad hoc work.
- Support the timely and accurate financial reporting of the Dutch entities
- Assist in the day to day operations such as accounts payable, cash forecasting and payments
- Assist in performing the consolidation and preparation of the group financials
- Initiate, implement and optimize automated processes and systems
- Work on improving the business analysis and costs insights of the business
- Preparation and filing of tax returns and various other compliance reporting
- Be a go-to person for finance related questions
- Work cross-functionally with team members in other departments (Risk/Mid-Office, IT)
- Supporting on a variety of ad hoc projects as required
What you need to succeed
We are looking for an ambitious Financial Accountant Analyst with 3-5 years of working experience, preferably gained within a Big Four firm or within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with relevant exposure to the financial services industry. You have the ability to communicate (both written and spoken) perfectly in English.
- You are a self-starter, proactive and used to taking initiative
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills
- You enjoy problem solving and working under pressure
- Preferably database experience (SQL)
- Experience with Exact and OneStream is nice to have
- You must also be resourceful and happy to be involved in different Group finance projects to further streamline the financial reporting
- Excellent career opportunities are available to the right high achiever
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, RA, RC qualification is a pre
- Dutch communication skills is a plus
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party that exceeds expectations
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!