Equity Research & Advisory Expert (Amsterdam) - Amsterdam
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Equity Research & Advisory Expert (Amsterdam) - Amsterdam
At a glance
The Equity Research & Advisory Expert has a key role to service our clients by producing investment policies, integrated equity & alternatives research, advisory and portfolio management products that add value to our client that invest in equity and alternative products. The role provides expertise to equity and alternatives investments for private clients within the bank, both for Advisory clients as well as for DPM clients.The Equity Research & Advisory Expert has a key role in the global Equity team in order to deliver high quality recommendations and advice to our clients. As such, he works in full cooperation with Portfolios Managers and other Equity Research & Advisory Experts.The Global Head Equity is a member of the Investment Centre management team and leads the Equity department by generating top down Equity and Fixed Income strategies in hedge funds, commodities and volatility instruments with other group experts. The team works closely together with other global P&S functions (e.g. Asset Allocation Services, IRisk, IComms, AAIS) in creating alignment in views and products used in the client portfolios.The Global Equity team is responsible to manage high quality investment (DPM)_and advisory portfolios and provides strong support to client servicing activities. This affects a significant part of the total Assets under Management of ABN AMRO private banking (around EUR 81 billion in total).Are you ready for a next step? We will provide you a challenging environment in which you are able to develop yourself both professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We are curious!
As an Equity Research and Advisory Expert, you are responsible for the following:
- Contributing to Global Investment Committee by providing inputs and delivering advice on decisions on sub-asset class (level 2, regions, sectors, etc).
- Delivering, aligning with the advisory rules & guidelines of ABN AMRO, and in the best interest of the client, top quality equity and alternative recommendations to private clients of ABN AMRO, aimed at increasing the competitive power of the investment services of ABN AMRO, adding value for the clients.
- Delivering the content per Advisory concept and tailored for the different client segments. Based on opinions and views on developments in the financial markets, contributes to the construction of reference portfolios, which form the basis and act as benchmark for risk and return in the customer portfolios for PB.
- Delivering high quality investment advice. Actively evaluates the client satisfaction on the delivered Equity and alternatives recommendation, ideas and advice.
- Communicating the investment views of ABN AMRO, aimed at building up and extending the position of ABN AMRO as leading investment authority in the market. This will be supported by setting up regular calls / webex meetings and country visits and regular publications. Translates the investment ideas into a form that is usable in different multi-channel solutions (e.g. youtube, client App, etc).
- Developing clients relationship by indirect (and possibly direct) support to client relationships in all business units that are serviced.
- Knowledge of risk awareness - is aware of the 3 lines of defense mode and its implications on Research & Strategy and is proficient in all aspects of Risk associated with Research & Strategy, Market Risk and Investment Risk in particular.
Your working environment
The Global Equity department is part of the Investment Centre of Global Products & Solutions. Investment Centre develops investment and other financial solutions & services for the bank's private banking activities in 6 markets globally, as well as for retail banking operations in the Netherlands.
The Investment Centre is the ABN AMRO competence centre for Investments and Asset Management. The department develops the ABN AMRO Investment Strategy in all its aspects and be responsible for delivering high performing Investment portfolios for Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) and Advisory.
The department supports the investment policy decision making process by delivering content for both Advisory and Discretionary Management clients in the various countries and client segments, important elements like the overall outlook for financial markets and instruments, strategic asset allocation, investment themes and portfolio proposals. These activities are supported by communication and investment risk specialists and in a complex international environment across multiple locations, multiple client segments and in a mix of cultures.
The Investment Centre is essential in realizing the R&PB strategy. The department delivers investment strategy and recommendations that are recognized as best in class which is key for R&PB in the Netherlands to become the "Adviesbank" and for internationally to attract new Assets. The fast changing environment and increased complexity of the global economy creates several challenges. The Investment Centre will be responsible to answer to these challenges and deliver the best in class investment strategies and recommendations.
For defining the investment strategy, the Investment Centre is responsible for the Global Investment Committee (GIC), this committee is responsible for ABN AMRO's Investment Strategy. The outcome of the GIC decisions are used in our DPM and Investment Advisory offering to our clients. The Investment Centre will also be responsible for creating and publishing investment research for all investment concepts and clients segments of R&PB, developing and implementing the global investment strategies for Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) and Investment Advisory, managing the assets of our clients in our Global DPM portfolio's and supporting the business and client in the management of investment risk and performance. On regular basis, the Investment Centre meets clients to present and discuss proposals and explain the performance of the global investment portfolios. Internally, the Investment Centre acts as a center of expertise in investment strategy and portfolio management and as such, can provide business support to other organizational functions within ABN AMRO Private Banking.
General You embrace change and work best in a dynamic environment. You combine your expertise and customer focus in order to build an offer that answers the very actual needs of our customers and stakeholders. You have a very good understanding of complex Investment Products and Advisory. You have strong knowledge on financial markets. You are sensitive to cultural differences and know how to connect and build bridges. You have a strong networking and communication skills to be able to influence and convince key stakeholders.Do you think you have a fit with us? Check your profile:You have a University degree in economics, finance or in social sciences applicable to finance, preferably complemented with professional certification (CFA, post graduate) with at least 3-5 years working experience.
- You have significant knowledge and experience in the area of area of Equity Research, Advisory, Financial Markets with a preference for servicing Private clients.
- You have a strong financial & analytical skills.
- You have understating of complex Investment products and Advisory.
- You have knowledge of risk management and its implications on Research & Strategy and is proficient in all aspects of Risk associated with Research & Strategy and Market Risk and Investment Risk in particular.
- You can easily act in an international and complex environment (intercultural sensitivity and understanding).
- You have good communication skills are able to influence and convince key stakeholders.
- Focus on collaboration, change / renewal and achieving goals.
- You speak fluent English. French or German is a pre.
What we offer
You will be part of a renewed global organization in which you will have an opportunity to help to further build and transform one of the leading segments within the One Private Bank. You will have a significant role in achieving the goals of our compelling story; Harmonise, Digitalise, Grow. All of this in a dynamic international environment.At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients' interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say 'no' if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients' interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.
Do not hesitate to approach us for more details, or apply directly! Please contact Olivier Raingeard, email@example.com or Derkan Atakan, Talent Acquisition Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to meet you!
Back to search results