How will you make an impact?
As the Engineering Manager, you will be leading and growing cross-functional engineering teams. You will have an overview of the key aspects of the development life-cycle and therefore the opportunity to push the boundaries to where Bitvavo can go!
You will focus on leveraging your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your teams that promote and implement engineering best practices. To maximize impact on the business, you will collaborate closely with the CTO and stakeholders to define and execute initiatives; as well as provide feedback to drive your teams to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, high-performing products.
How will you be successful?
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, 3+ years of experience in leading engineering teams
- You are data-driven in your decision-making
- Excellent communication skills; clear, transparent, and effective. Smart and proactive communication, ability to empathize with peers and direct reports alike
- Experience building strong engineering teams and lead through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development. Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with company values
- You have strong people and stakeholders management experience, strategic team planning and OKRs/goals
- You have practical hands-on experience working with full-stack technology stack (web frontend technologies and frameworks, iOS/android, backend technologies, microservices, DevOps/cloud infrastructure). You are leading by example, and roll up your sleeve when needed
- You have strong understanding of engineering practices, code quality, clean code, continuous delivery, architecture (trade-offs), and testing practices
- BSC degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
Nice To Haves:
- Experience within the FinTech space
- Experience working for a tech start-up or scale-up is preferred
- Experience with tools we don’t use, but should, and the wisdom to know when to recommend them
Our Tech Stack
NodeJS (TypeScript), Go, Kafka, Kubernetes (AWS)
What do we offer?
Excellent employment terms, including:
- A very competitive package
- Catered lunch and breakfast in the office
- 26 days of annual leave, and your birthday off!
- Personal development budget and internal courses
- Unlimited access to coaching platform and monthly wellbeing budget
- Hybrid environment within The Netherlands
Who are we?
We are Bitvavo. We’re on a mission to make digital assets accessible to everyone. This means creating a user-friendly and reliable trading platform, with a wide variety of digital assets and transparent trading fees. Over the years we’ve become a trusted exchange used by over one million Europeans.
Bitvavo was founded in 2018 and has come a long way since then. We’re now a team of more than 200 employees from 33 different nationalities and we’ll keep growing to achieve our mission. Our headquarters are based in the canal district of Amsterdam.